cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Freelancers* (share your feeling with us if you are a top rated freelancer)

Highlighted
Community Leader
Patrick P Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
11 of 22

I like having it because I'm silly and prideful, but I kind of doubt it will have much of an impact, based on my first few days experience and  - more importantly - what others are saying. That might change if Upwork modifies the problems with freelancer search, but I'm not holding out hope.

Highlighted
Iveta A Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
12 of 22

Hi,

not helpful at all. At first I was very proud, that someone/something has evaluated my hard underpaid work to get 5 star ratings, now can't even get one job. In my category everything is about a (low) price and if I'm Top Rated than my price is above average, right? Everyone else gets jobs, not me with my rate, which means that soon I will be out of the Top Rated - income slightly above 1000 and without new job I can't earn more.

Also want to switch categories, but without proper feedback not even 1 job (my hope was, that my TR badge will give at least understanding that I'm hard working and loyal), if I keep sending many applications, I guess it will also affect my rating.

Highlighted
Dini J Member Since: Jun 28, 2009
13 of 22

Same here, NO Work!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 22

I feel like a big fish in a little pond.

Highlighted
Aidan C Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
15 of 22

Its not even hard being a top rated Upworker, they should step up the requirements and judging by these replies, its not going to do much for me when I fully transfer over from ElanceSmiley Indifferent

Highlighted
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
16 of 22

Job success score...it was close to this pattern...

Week 0 - 95% - happy    ( i am not sure if we had this week...how many weeks has it been since JSS went live?)

Week 2 - 98% - extra happy, beaming

Week 4 - 97% - happy smiling

Week 6 - 91% - worried, stressed, lack of sleep

Week 8 - 95% - recovery, rebound, renewal

Week 10 - 93% - worried now that Upwork closed some of jobs where the client were missing in action (i.e. had disappeared)

Week 12 coming up soon - More deserter clients, close down all deserter client's contracts, potential loss of Top Rated badge, potential massive loss in income, kudos and community respect...

For now about 42 days later in the future (after a mysterious, incurable virus spreads thoughout Upwork code named - The Job Success Score) - Top quality contractors leaving, massive freelancer account suspensions, clients ruling the roost...the still buggy Elance->Upwork profile merge missing jobs bug, the %0 Long term clients bug in the Stats, vast differnces in views of the logged in Upwork profiles compared to the logged in ones (on the desktop view) and also the different look mobile site that shows all your jobs even when logged out (not like the public desktop view which shows only a selection of your jobs).

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
17 of 22

It was the proudest moment of my life. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Highlighted
Carlos H Member Since: Jul 21, 2015
18 of 22

I'm so stressed out... Can't get the clients stop knocking my door :/ so frustrating.

They are like:

futurama-shut-up-and-take-my-money-card-34.jpg

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Althea Maefe S Member Since: Nov 6, 2014
19 of 22

If anything, I just think of it as Upwork paying us the lip service. It is cool to have on your profile, yes. I was happy when I got it, it means I'm doing something good, ay?

Someone told me that the Top rated people don't even make up 10% of all freelancers, so you know, take pride.

But aside from getting a "highlight" when you apply for jobs, and receiving (at first) a lot of job invites to jobs I don't even like doing, and the invitations to the webinars, it is all there is, a badge.

At first I though I can get ahead of everyone else, or at least of those who are not Top Rated, but no. Everything still rests on me to win a proposal and keep a client. And with the advent of Elance Elites moving over to Upwork, things will get even trickier. For those who have it, I guess that's "bragging rights" to those who don't. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Dharmveer S Member Since: Jun 29, 2015
20 of 22

Usefull Article for New Comer Lile Me. thanks for sharing your views Masters !!#

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS