petra_r
Community Member

Translators

translator.jpg

That's me...

18 REPLIES 18
luce-neidert
Community Member

Here's a message from one of us (???) who has definitely been drinking too much coffee or something else - have you reached that point, Petra?

I TRANSLATE FROM ARABIC TO FRANCh AND FROM FRANCH TO ENGLISh AND VICE VERSA AND WRITE ON WORD AND CONVERT IT PDF INRO PDF FORMAT FOR 10 $ PER 500 WORDS

Luce N wrote:

Here's a message from one of us (???) who has definitely been drinking too much coffee or something else.

I've actually given up coffee a few months ago... nearly all my vices gone over the last 3-4 years. Given up cigarettes, vaping, meat (mostly) and coffee.

And that's not "one of us"

Petra R wrote:

I've actually given up coffee a few months ago... nearly all my vices gone over the last 3-4 years. Given up cigarettes, vaping, meat (mostly) and coffee.

Ah, I'm nearly as virtuous as you, I don't eat meat, haven't smoked for 30 years, never even thought of trying vaping. However, I have coffee with breakfast and after lunch.

How can you be sure he's not one of us? He knows about a language called Franch, which I've never even heard about that. Maybe Franch is spoken in a foreign planet? Could he be an alien?

Luce N wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Ah, I'm nearly as virtuous as you, I don't eat meat, haven't smoked for 30 years, never even thought of trying vaping. However, I have coffee with breakfast and after lunch.

I used to eat lots of meat, I went off it gradually over the last year and a half, bit by bit. Vaping was the only way I could give up smoking. Giving up vaping was easier as I reduced the nicotine to 0 super gradually over the 2+ years I vaped. Coffee I ran out and it didn't kill me, so I never replaced it.

I just drink water until wine o'clock now.

479a06b8
Community Member

it's just a fun pic but I already see the difficulties in this major geometry dash

And as I see, vaping is as harmful as smoking so if you can give up on it, please do as soon as possible

I've tended to start being a translator recently, can anyone give me some advice?

Hatrove M wrote:

it's just a fun pic but I already see the difficulties in this major

And as I see, vaping is as harmful as smoking so if you can give up on it, please do as soon as possible

I've tended to start being a translator recently, can anyone give me some advice?

That's easy:

Type impossibly fast, never eat or drink anything but coffee, don't go out in the sun.

I would add that having a true knowledge of a foreign language and having studied translation would be a plus.

That's easy:

Type impossibly fast, never eat or drink anything but coffee, don't go out in the sun.

I would add that having a true knowledge of a foreign language and having studied translation would be a plus.

I think a true knowledge of a foreign language and having studied translation are requirements. About the other thing, I'm not sure that I can handle

Hatrove M wrote:

it's just a fun pic but I already see the difficulties in this major

Is your pic, just a 'fun' pic too? 

everybody says that I look like her so I choose the picture as avatar

Hatrove M wrote:

everybody says that I look like her so I choose the picture as avatar

So if you look just like her why not have your own picture? It is against Upwork's ToS to pretend to be someone else. 

etrusca
Community Member

Wow Petra and Luce, you are very virtuous! I smoke and drink coffee, but I don't eat too much meat. I tried vaping, but for me the cure was worse than the malady. Maybe when the gymn will open again I'll quit this vice, but I'll never give up my three cup of hot, fragant coffee.

I smoke, drink, inhale coffee, love meat and eat way too many sweets and almost no veggies.  I'm in great health at my advanced age so I guess I have a good immune system/ genetics.  (My mother lived to 95, despite having recurrent cancer for 40 years; my grandmother lived to 93 in spite of a heart attack and cancer in her 80's)  So I'll just keep rocking on fornow.

petra_r
Community Member

Antonia B wrote:

Wow Petra and Luce, you are very virtuous! I smoke and drink coffee, but I don't eat too much meat. 

Not so virtuous.. Watching two of my friends lose their fathers to lung cancer within a year made stopping smoking a priority and with vaping it was super easy. Then I weaned myself off the vaping relatively easily.

Giving coffee was almost by accident.

I haven't given up meat to be virtuous either, I just lost the appetite for it and started craving vegetable based meals. I also have an issue with the way we as society rear, keep, transport and kill farm animals. I am not absolutely strict about it though. My sweet tooth deserted me some years ago as well. 

My remaining vice is nice regional red wine: Montepulciano d'Abruzzo

etrusca
Community Member

Petra wrote:

I also have an issue with the way we as society rear, keep, transport and kill farm animals.

I have the same issue.

Petra R wrote:

Antonia B wrote:

Wow Petra and Luce, you are very virtuous! I smoke and drink coffee, but I don't eat too much meat. 

Not so virtuous.. Watching two of my friends lose their fathers to lung cancer within a year made stopping smoking a priority and with vaping it was super easy. Then I weaned myself off the vaping relatively easily.

Giving coffee was almost by accident.

I haven't given up meat to be virtuous either, I just lost the appetite for it and started craving vegetable based meals. I also have an issue with the way we as society rear, keep, transport and kill farm animals. I am not absolutely strict about it though. My sweet tooth deserted me some years ago as well. 

My remaining vice is nice regional red wine: Montepulciano d'Abruzzo

As for me, I'm extremely virtuous. Nearly no coffee, I no longer drink tea (sort of allergic to it). Stopped drugs in my early twenties as I hate wasting time. Feel terrible about eating dead animals. Refuse to drink alcohol if it's not either very good wine or champagne : I find that I'm naturally crazy enough to have an extremely good (and noisy) time wiithout any outside help.

I am not virtuous, and will not claim to be. There is far too much virtue signaling occurring in the U.S. these days.

I gave up smoking two years ago after fifty-nine years of heavy smoking. I had to give up both coffee and alcohol simultaneously because they triggered a desire to smoke. I get my caffeine from soft drinks and chocolate. When I gave up smoking I was already at stage three COPD and had been through two rounds of bladder cancer, a heart attack, cardiac arrest, two strokes.

I should have given up my consultancy simultaneously. I sleep up to 22 hours a day, and am already experiencing expressive aphasia. Last summer I felt strong enough to take on two jobs where it was excruciatingly obvious the client was asking for the wrong thing. If either got exactly what he thought he needed, it would not do him any good and would cost him money he didn't need to spend.

One piece of work was incredibly easy once I convinced the client that what he wanted would not benefit him. The other one the client begged me to complete the documentation he needed to get what he actually needed. I relented, charged ten minutes per week, and finally was unable to type through the tremors or remain awake long enough to get anything started. I hired someone else and paid him more than I had been paid to complete the work, but the difficulties of an assumption-based financial model that allowed for "what if" analysis proved too much for him, and I was physically incapable of doing the work. I failed him.

A word for the few who are nearly as old as I am: If you think it might be time to quit, that time has probably already come and gone.

Petra R wrote:

[...]My remaining vice is nice regional red wine: Montepulciano d'Abruzzo

7f2c49e0
Community Member

"Type impossibly fast, never eat or drink anything but coffee, don't go out in the sun." It's a good idea 😄 doctor games

Latest Articles
Learning Paths