🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Tried to take the Upwork Product Names survey...
Page options
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Tried to take the Upwork Product Names survey but...

Because there's almost nothing I won't put up with for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card. Sadly, the second battery of questions all refer to an image (of the new UW home page) with the product name language in question incorporated. The problem is that the image did not appear anywhere. I decided I don't want the chance at the gift card enough to sit and make up answers about an imaginary image. 

Would you guys please get your act together? Never launch a survey without making sure it's going to execute properly on every possible browser and every possible device! (I know this because I do it for a living.) BTW I was using Chrome on a Win 10 PC.

9 REPLIES 9
yitwail
Community Member

Phyllis G wrote:

I decided I don't want the chance at the gift card enough to sit and make up answers about an imaginary image. 

That's very conscientious of you. Alas, I only read your post after I did the survey but I can confirm that with Opera browser in MacOS, I didn't see any images either.

It wasn't a matter of ethics as much as a lack of patience.

JoanneP

Hi Phyllis,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll forward your concern to our team so that they can check. Also, I'd like to ask, what browser and browser version are you using so that I can include it on my report to the team.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I used Chrome and Windows 10.  Didn't even realize that there were supposed to be images.  LOL

You should know that I used FireFox and there were no images.

I completed the survey and it was difficult as it was poorly constructed with way too much bias built into the questions.

Thank you guys, for your reports about this survey. I received an invitation to take the survey, but I didn't take it thanks to your warnings.

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Phyllis,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll forward your concern to our team so that they can check. Also, I'd like to ask, what browser and browser version are you using so that I can include it on my report to the team.

I was using Google Chrome version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit).

martina_plaschka
Community Member

I feel the same way as you about surveys where I can win a gift card. I once won one, for the life of me can't remember what it was for (wasn't upwork). Anyways I don't think there were supposed to be any pictures? 

For years, all of Upwork's surveys have been in German on my computer, and this one is no exception. I gave up before I even got to the questions about images.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths