cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cure people of being gay

Ace Contributor
Angela C Member Since: Oct 7, 2011
1 of 6
There isn't many postings in the coffee break, just thought I would start one. I watched a programme on the television the other night and it was a doctor (who is gay) that was under cover unveiling all sorts of people worldwide that supposedly have cures to make people not gay anymore. I must admit some of the stuff I saw was quite shocking and unbelievable, these people charge a lot of money to talk rubbish basically. I just wondered if anyone else has ever encountered or heard of these crazy people (who by the way have no scientific back up for these experiments).
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
2 of 6
It must be a new fad (read money making scheme). There was an article in one of our local magazines about these "treatments". One of them is a type of exorcism - pretty scary stuff. Personally I'd like to use exorcism on child molesters and animal abusers, but I guess that lot would not spend money on "curing" themselves.
Ace Contributor
3 of 6
I cant believe there was an article in the paper and yes I agree I would use exorcism on the child molesters and animal abusers. I seen the exorcism on the programme it was done by some kind of pastor of the church but you didnt see any outcome on it. Marcia they were doing treatments like this in the NHS, what they done was gave the patient a liquid to drink which made them violently sick and their bowels uncontrollable and the patient was just told to be sick on the floor and to go to the toilet where they stood while being showing pictures of homosexuals, therefore claiming that this would cure them having gay thoughts as it would put into their mind every time they had gay thoughts it would be associated with pain and nausea. That was quite shocking. There was another man, I cant remember what state he was in but all he did was give the patient a picture of a brain and told them to colour it in, so he could tell that you had gay tendencies with the colours that you choose, he was charging $250 a time. Shocking stuff, very barbaric the exorcism one and the liquid one.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
4 of 6
These "treatments" have been around for many decades. Homosexuality was considered a mental illness by the medical establishment until 1970s. I know about the old "cures" but I don't know what is being used now. I heard about the TV programme but I haven't seen it.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
5 of 6
I know they used to do aversion therapy with electric shocks. They used to also give gay people lobotomies. They castrated gay men and performed clitoridectomies on gay women.
Ace Contributor
6 of 6
Yeah I seen the programme about the gay women, the doctor that conducted the studies is the one that does the series embarassing bodies, I didnt even know he was gay. But it ended up he went through a series of tests to see how gay he was and it was confirmed that he was 100 per cent, so at then end once he had tried all the anti-gay treatments he went back and he was still certified that he was 100 per cent gay so he did prove that all these tests were rubbish and inaccurate. I dont believe that these people are still getting away with this and charging people money for nothing. Any other topics to chat about lol.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS