cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Typos. Most shameful ones you made.

Highlighted
Bobbi S Member Since: Jul 9, 2016
11 of 51

The first and only job I've had on here, I went to proofread my transcript, and the first work was a typo. >.<

It was "they" instead of "the" Cat Mad

I'm glad I proofread everything before I send it back! That would have been horrible - to start my transcript with the wrong word... I'm just glad I caught it. 

Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
12 of 51

You should see what my writing looks like before spell check. 

The one I get wrong a lot is "Best retards,"

It would be embarrassing if I didn't catch it before habitually pressing "Send!"

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 51

re: "Not my typo, but in a recent document the phrase 'public area' was missing the letter 'l' throughout!"

Maybe, in your innocence, you misunderstood the nature of the document. :-)

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
14 of 51

After discussing an important change to a project, my subject heading angered my client:

"I will not do this."

I was embarrassed when I had to explain I meant:

"I will NOW do this."

Ace Contributor
Victor D Member Since: Oct 6, 2015
15 of 51

Six munce ago I couldn't couldn't even spell edumacation gooroo... And now I are one ! Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
16 of 51

I don't recall making really embarrassing errors because I'm a proofreader so I always double-check my writing Smiley Tongue But I was editing a business document for a client and here's what I came across:

• "arousing" instead of "arising"
  • "poultry" in place of "paltry"
  • and like Ramon: the dreaded "pubic"/"public" blunder

*lol at myself - talking about not making mistakes and then I spell "embarrassing" incorrectly!

Community Guru
Barbara W Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
17 of 51

Not exactly a typo, and it has nothing to do with here, but... Once I borrowed someone's phone to text my girlfriend (as mine was dead). I typed "I love you baby" and as I hit enter the phone auto-corrected "baby" to "babysitter". My girlfriend told my mother and I still have yet to live it down. (It's been like 5 years, and the girlfriend isn't even a part of my life anymore.)

- Barbara Herrera -
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
18 of 51

One wonderful typo - or rather, example of word misuse - I saw on the first page of a self-published novel was:

"We were hurdling to certain death".

Julia L Member Since: Oct 28, 2015
19 of 51

"Ministry of Inferior" in one of my researches. It was clearly my subconscious expressing itselfSmiley Happy

Community Guru
Julianne G Member Since: Oct 21, 2015
20 of 51

Just noticed (as I'm trying to figure out this messaging glitch) that a recent message I sent in response to an editing job invite ended with this line:

"I have updated by bid to reflect that amount."

I cannot understand why I wasn't hired for that gig.

[hangs head]

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS