cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typos. Most shameful ones you made.

Ace Contributor
Lisa T Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
41 of 51

There was a customer where I worked whose last name was Shattah. She was hard to deal with, and I accidentally typed "**bleep**tah." She was offended by an innocent mistake. I believe that was a Freudian typo!

Once I typed "sundeck" in a brochure except the e was an i.

Ace Contributor
Lisa T Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
42 of 51

Hmm, it bleeped out the typo, which shows how bad it was!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
43 of 51

Lisa, thank you (?) for reviving this thread! And I apologise, but I really laughed at your typos. 

Where I'm from, we call our aunt's "Tita." Everytime I send any of my "tita" some messages through text, I accidentally type in "Tuta," which translates to puppy. Good thing it just means puppy. Robot Frustrated

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
44 of 51

In my first message of an Upwork interview recently I nearly addressed a client as "Narco" instead of "Marco". Caught it just in time. Phew.

Not shameful, but I absolutely ALWAYS type "chnage" instead of "change". I even did it just now in the last sentence, and had to chnage it. And again, but didn't correct it this time!

Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
45 of 51

Ironically, I once got a job an editing job with a psychologist because I had typos in my email response. This seemed to calm him down and reassure him that he had found someone he could work with.

I wish this worked with the other 99% of editing clients.  

Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
47 of 51

Liveness (as opposed to deadness) - an Upwork neologism soon to be snapped up by Urban Dictionary.  

Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
48 of 51

I wished a friend 'Good lick' the other day. 

Another friend recently sent an email to a female colleague beginning with "I appreciate you are busty" (he meant to say busy). 

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
49 of 51

I picked up a typo the other day...meant to say 'sick' but mistyped and the word started with a d...

Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
50 of 51

ah yes. that time when I replied to a client's request for variations of a logo concept with "Alright, I'll play some more with t.it"

(without the dot obviously, but the bleeping out makes it look even worse than it was)

>.>

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS