Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPWORK MARKET SHOULD NOT GOING CHEAP MORE

raja_usman
Raja U Member Since: Jul 10, 2015
1 of 5

Hi,
I am raja from pakistan a top rated upwork contractor, I noticed that from last 7 to 8 months lot of clients posted a job on very cheap rates which not suit us upwork make some policy for that they make the market cheap, even i am fed up from that can upwork do anything for this? if no atleast i am going to quite it,

You can see my profile also:

https://www.upwork.com/users/~01147ece23bcd4e652

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

It is primarily the responsibility of Upwork contractors - and not clients, Upwork programmers or administrators - to ensure that Upwork does not "go cheap."

If contractors offer high value, high quality service and expect to be paid in a way that reflects the value they provide to clients, and makes clients come back wanting more, than Upwork will not be cheapened.

I think the thing that cheapens Upwork the most is the over-abundance of unqualified, unprofessional contractors who think Upwork is a magical ATM machine rather than what it really is - a way for clients to find serious professionals to do work for them that they can not do or do not have time to do themselves, but are willing to pay for.

abdulrazaq89
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
3 of 5

There is race among the contractors to win the job no matter how much they are lowering down the rate. I could not get many jobs because client offered me to reduce my rate. My answer was, " I am still stand on my rate" and on many occasions I failed to get the job because I have no flexibility to change the rate. 

Would you all like to do that?

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
4 of 5

Yes.

anima9
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
5 of 5

It's a risk. Sometimes you have to weigh it on a "need" basis. If you depend solely on freelancing, then perhaps a more considerate approach should be taken with regards to lowering of rates.

I myself don't go below my entry price as I realized most clients are actually optimistic when it comes to freelancers who bid higher than most.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS