🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: UW Emails Getting Embarrassing
Page options
browersr
Community Member

UW Emails Getting Embarrassing

Not sure what others receive, but I get periodic emails from UW such an an "inspiration" email. I think content is targeted to our area of business so not everyone is likely to receive the same thing. However, the last several emails I have received contain articles that are years out of date. One email featured an article on the "new" programming language for iOS. The issue is the version that discussed in terms of what was new was over 2 years old. Today I receive an email with the headline "What's new in iOS 10"... The problem - as every iphone user knows - is that we are currently on version 12.x. iOS 10 was released in September of 2016 making this article more than 2 years late. How in the world does this stuff keep happening? How do you send regular emails to people with content that is 2-3 years old? Wonder if anyone else's UW emails contain articles badly out of date.... Good grief.

3 REPLIES 3
yitwail
Community Member

Scott, a client recently mentioned that his freelancer's blog post on "Apps you'd be surprised existed" referred to non-existing apps and apps from 2011. Perhaps Upwork hired the same freelancer to write your email.

Community Manager

Hi Scott,

You are correct, the blog articles shared in these emails are customized to a user's area of interest. The blog article from the email notification you received was posted at a time the information shared in the article was relevant. We do have blog articles whose content is universal and timeless in respect to their relevancy. However, seeing how some topics can become outdated our team is actively working on identifying and removing them from the notification flow. We appreciate your feedback!

~ Vladimir
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

Scott B wrote:

Not sure what others receive, but I get periodic emails from UW such an an "inspiration" email. I think content is targeted to our area of business so not everyone is likely to receive the same thing. However, the last several emails I have received contain articles that are years out of date. One email featured an article on the "new" programming language for iOS. The issue is the version that discussed in terms of what was new was over 2 years old. Today I receive an email with the headline "What's new in iOS 10"... The problem - as every iphone user knows - is that we are currently on version 12.x. iOS 10 was released in September of 2016 making this article more than 2 years late. How in the world does this stuff keep happening? How do you send regular emails to people with content that is 2-3 years old? Wonder if anyone else's UW emails contain articles badly out of date.... Good grief.

lol I know what email you're talking about. Sender is from the Phillipines? I wondered if I was the only one facepalming with those. I can ignore those at least. I already ragefaced about the "recruiter" chick and her uhh "tips" to get hired. I figure I'd save my battle for another time and just delete those emails to avoid feeling the cringe and not rage again. I figure being a filthy worthless freelancer I only have like 1 rage threshold a year with Upwork, so I'm saving it for a better time.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths