🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: UW stock as reported yesterday in The Mot...
Page options
purplepony
Community Member

UW stock as reported yesterday in The Motley Fool

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have been eyeing Upwork stocks, but still waiting until the company offers some options over a certain income on site or spendings. Best if a combo of the two 😍

I imagine investing as a kinda retirement saving

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
wlyonsatl
Community Member

If you’re interested, here are some details from Upwork’s just-filed 10-Q report to the SEC:

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1627475/000156459018028629/upwk-10q_20180930.htm

The company reported a $7.3 million loss for the quarter, compared to a $301,000 loss in the same quarter of 2017.

Revenue was $64 million, up 23% from the same period in 2017, but big increases in spending on research and development, sales and marketing and other operating costs led to the large quarterly loss. Page 19 details stock-based compensation for the quarter of $2.0 million and “Other expenses, net” of $3.4 million (compared to only $260,000 in 2017).

On Page 15 there is an interesting breakdown of where Upwork’s freelancers and clients live.

On Page 24 there is information about Upwork’s losses to fraud, which increased 76% year-on-year to $1.9 million.

I have been eyeing Upwork stocks, but still waiting until the company offers some options over a certain income on site or spendings. Best if a combo of the two 😍

Well, if MSFT is considering acquiring UPWK, this might be a deciding factor.

Monika S wrote:

It is never a good idea to trust your income and your investments to the same endeavor, no matter how much you like it. If the company goes down, you lose everything. Diversify. 

purplepony
Community Member

In addition to giving kudos "Bad Pat" is evidently continuing to designate solutions.  In this case a solution was selected when no solution was necessary.  Smiley Frustrated is turning into  Smiley Mad 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths