Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncertainty with Proposals!!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sujan S Member Since: Aug 14, 2015
1 of 5

Greetings !

I seriously think there should be way for the freelancers to know that their propsals are being read by the client? Otherwise how can one be sure that clients are seeing the proposals?

I got this thought because in last two three weeks I have not got a single response to any of my proposals. Now I know that may be my proposals are not as good as others but don't you think it would be nice if we can atleast know that our proposals are being read atleast.  

Regards

Sujan

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

Hi Sujan,

There was / is a bug, as you may see from all the other threads about the same thing such as https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Missing-proposals/m-p/106312#U106312, and the great big banner at the top of your screen when you log into Upwork which also tells you about it....

http://prntscr.com/86cndt

Highlighted
Community Guru
MERCY N Member Since: May 6, 2015
3 of 5

"... there should be way for the freelancers to know that their propsals are being read by the client?..."

Sujan, do you mean like the way you get notification (if you choose the option) when somebody opens a message you sent them on phone?

Mh - that or any other way, even that which has not been tried on the platform before would be welcome. And especially now that you cannot go making infinite number of applications, whether you have something on your plate or zero.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
4 of 5

Hi  Sujan, it totally sux when you've put your proposal in and you don't hear back from the client. It's kind of like when you apply to a job in a brick and mortar situation. You send in your resume or bring it to them and you think you'll hear back and sometimes you never do. Sometimes you do. It's a numbers game I think. It's also the best person for the job game too. I have proposals going back to the beginning of this year that I never heard back from. I haven't gotten around to withdrawing my applications though but I'll do it eventually. Smiley Happy 

Just keep plugging along, look for information to make your proposals better if you think you might not be doing well in that area and get some tips for the excellent people here.  Smiley Happy 

I agree that it would be nice to know if our proposals are being read, whether that feature will be added in future I don't know. 

Like was posted previously, there has been a glitch in the proposals system as well. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Althea Maefe S Member Since: Nov 6, 2014
5 of 5

Kinda like facebook's "seen" feature... Hmm.. I don't know how to feel about this, it's bad enough I get "seen-zoned" by people, I'll get seen-zoned by clients too? LOL

I understand the need to know if your proposals get viewed or not, at least especially when you're running out of connects. Anyway, this might not be exactly what you are looking for, but it may be something similar, on the My Stats tab, you will see Marketing Effectiveness, it will give you an idea of how much you are being viewed compared to others.

Capture.PNG

It will be tough to land your first job, but hang in there. Smiley Wink Build your profile and mix up your cover letters.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS