🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Unusual professions on Upwork
Page options
richard_wein
Community Member

Unusual professions on Upwork

I'm surprised at the number of freelancers here who claim to work for costumers. Is there really so much demand for costumes?

12 REPLIES 12
sergio-soria
Community Member

What do you mean? Cosplay? Costume parties? Outfits for actors? Drag queens? What is the job about? To make costumes or to perform wearing costumes? I don't understand.

Sergio S wrote:

What do you mean? Cosplay? Costume parties? Outfits for actors? Drag queens? What is the job about? To make costumes or to perform wearing costumes? I don't understand.

Sorry, it was a bad (or too cryptic) joke. I was referring to the fact that people sometimes type "costumers" instead of "customers".

lysis10
Community Member

If you want to see some funny stuff, do searches on random terms. There are some funny spam accounts out there.

re: "Sorry, it was a bad (or too cryptic) joke. I was referring to the fact that people sometimes type 'costumers' instead of 'customers."

Ah... Yeah, I don't think I'm alone in having missed that.

Thank you for the clarification.

allpurposewriter
Community Member

This is a tough audience, Richard. A lot of tough costumers. 

versailles
Community Member

Also many clients are named clint. I saw a ton of portfolio pieces made for clint or as per clint request.

Mostly by people with collage education.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

I got it Richard - and I have often wanted to comment on it ... 

Well, I must be exceptionnal, I got Richard's messsage right away. I've seen so much in the clints' documents that I'm ready for anything.

The best one was about coats that were ideal for WORK in the mountains. It turned out that the coats were ideal for WALKS in the mountains.

savysb
Community Member

Richard W wrote:

I'm surprised at the number of freelancers here who claim to work for costumers. Is there really so much demand for costumes?

You kill me dude. Wait, am I the only one who got it from the first read? Oh well, you owe me $1500.

jmlaidlaw
Community Member

I guess that for all intensive pruposes, a "costumer" could be a "customer," irregardless of allot of the facts.

Janean, I'm afraid you've been on Upwork for too long, now you need to go back to school.

Richard W wrote:

Sorry, it was a bad (or too cryptic) joke. I was referring to the fact that people sometimes type "costumers" instead of "customers".

Haha. Thanks for clarifying. I wonder if it happens because of too much auto-correction or just laziness.

Rene K wrote:

Also many clients are named clint. I saw a ton of portfolio pieces made for clint or as per clint request.

Gee... it must be the almighty Clint Eastwood. That guy is everywhere but I have never thought he was a client here! Haha

Latest Articles
Learning Paths