cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Changes Life ! If it is true please share your Views. Something Special about this platform.

Ace Contributor
Dharmveer S Member Since: Jun 29, 2015
1 of 7

Greetings,

First of all, sorry for my English but i will that you all get my views.

I am a professional, dedicated and experienced Multimedia Artist. I worked very hard when i was student; spend my almost every night for practicing my work. that time i thought that i will get a awesome job with handsome salary. I passed my study and start finding new jobs, after 3 months i got job in Prime Focus Studio as a Visual Effect Artist. I was very happy but after 2 years of continue work they don't increase my pay. I was very upset and start my own work in my local area.

Last month, I was very upset because, i had no money and living expenses was high. Owing to this, i day i thought that i should be quit this world but i was also in worry about my little one. She is 2.5 years old. I relies that i shall try at Upwork. One Week, 2 Weeks i not get the job. One Day, again evil came in my mind and again the negative felling came. Suddenly, i got a message from upwork about an interview. That was from "Molly Johnson" after some discussion she hired me. In others words she save my life.

All in all, now i completed 2 jobs with 5 star rating. I have a new thought about my life and about my work. I am really very thankful to upwork. Thanks for changing my view,

Regards

Dharmveer Singh

Community Guru
MERCY N Member Since: May 6, 2015
2 of 7

I'm very happy for you, Dharmveer.

And it's good you were able to discard the bad thoughts because of your young one. Just know that as long as there is breath in your life there is hope. So let it be the last time you are thinking of ending your life.

*Are you healthy? Yes.

* Is your young one healthy? I think so.

There are many people with more serious problems than being jobless. Of course it feels terrible not to be able to provide for your family even if it is for a short while, but when you begin to count your blessings - like good  health - you get consolation. Some people are suffering terminal diseases and all their money cannot help them - remember that as you keep applying for jobs and doing your best.

Ace Contributor
3 of 7

@  Mercy N 

Thanks for supporting me. This is the power of internet where i finded best whisher from the work. Big Thanks to You again

Ace Contributor
Caroline A Member Since: Dec 26, 2014
4 of 7

The perks of being a designer is you can still be hired even if your english is not perfect, your portfolios talk louder than words 

Ace Contributor
5 of 7

Yes ! you 'r right. For a artist work is everything. I will be produced much more creative works. 

Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
6 of 7

Dharmveer in 22.5 years , your 2.5 year old will be 25.

Take it from me the only Role Model she would believe in was a Dad who took all the sour lemon life could offer and made himself (and his family) tall refreshing cups of lemonade.

It always gets better -especially when you stick at it no matter the current outlook.

Best wishes on Upwork and in your work

Ace Contributor
7 of 7

Thank you so much friends. I am felling stress free now becuase these workings are like a burden on me. thanks again

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS