🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Upwork Common questions
Page options
afridiqaiser
Community Member

Upwork Common questions

1. What past project or job have you had that is most like this one and why?

Ans: According to your job requirements, I have done many projects like yours. For more details, you can check my portfolio, profiles, and employment history where you will find similar projects like your desire one.

2. Do you have suggestions to make this project run successfully?

Ans: Sure I have suggestions for you in this project. According to my concept, the updated strategy and proper methods can make this project successful. And surely I will make this project successful.

3. Which part of this project do you think will take the most time?

Ans: According to your job details, I have years of experience in both fields. And I always use the updated techniques and win the competition. I have a strong belief that I would be able to make this project successful within a short time.

4. What part of this project most appeals to you?

Ans: Here the two parts of this project appeal to me very much, one is that all the requirements are in favor of me and the second one is I like to do this kind of job. This kind of project and job give me mental satisfaction.

5. Why do you think you are a good fit for this particular project?

Ans: I think I am a good fit for this job because I have all the qualities that you are looking for. Experience is the golden factor in this project where you find in me at least 3+ years of working experience over all the factors in your project.

6. Do you have any questions about the job description?

Ans: Your arrangement of the job description is fully understandable and I have understood it very well. Still, I have no questions about your job description. If I need any information later, I must convey to you and discuss it with you in friendly circumstances.

7. Which of the required job skills do you feel you are strongest at?

Ans: I have carefully read your job description and I have more than 3 years of working experience in both of your required skills. And I am strongest at all of your required qualities. I hope I will be the perfect worker for you in this project.

Best Regards,

Qaiser

7 REPLIES 7
luce-neidert
Community Member

Oh, I'm surprised to see that your answer to question 3 (What part of this project most appeals to you?) is not "Getting paid". That's the only reasonable answer I can think of.

I find, overall, that these questions are simply a way (a rather lame way) of getting to know the applicant a little better. I try to put a bit of healthy (and usually cagey) enthusiasm into my responses. A lot of times the client just wants to know you have a little energy left over and that you've been paying attention to their specifics.  In other words, the worst answer you can give them is something generic and vague. Sound like you care ... at least a little bit.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You're not answering the questions in any detail or saying anything that will make you stand out as a good fit for the project. For example, if a client asks which of the skills you feel is your strongest, and you answer, "All of them" - that's not telling them anything. Or if you respond to "which project have you done that's most like this one" and you say "many - go read my profile yourself" - do you really think that's a good answer? 

Completely agree with Christine's response.

@QaiserPersonalize your responses to what the client is asking. Should the job description be unclear and the client presents a question that clearly cannot be answered, state that in your answer.

Don't be afraid to say, "Based on your job description, I'm unsure what you're asking. Would you mind providing further details?"

Remember, your proposal is not just a tool to land a new project. You, as the freelancer, are also entitled to get clarity from the client. That's all part of presenting yourself as the perfect candidate.

jr-translation
Community Member

Reading the answers is like reading the best of useless cover letters I have received as a client.

luce-neidert
Community Member

This is not Qaiser's fault. Those questions, suggested to clients by Upwork, are a bit silly.

Ask a silly question, you'll get a silly answer.

kbadeau
Community Member

My answer when I get an invitation that includes any of those questions is: Thank you for the invitation but I am too busy at the moment to answer the stupid, useless, uninspired questions that Upwork suggested you include in your job description. But thank you for making it obvious that you are not the kind of client I work with.

I paraphrased that last bit a little.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths