Type "Contact Support"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Type "Contact Support"

42.jpg

The bot seems to be no Deep Thought it seems

Try asking it what is the meaning of life.

If it replies '42', then confidence is restored. 

That's better than 'why is a raven like a writing desk?' which would be the first question to pop into my mind.

astepanov83
Community Member

My bank has introduced a similar pseudo-AI feature over phone. You needed to ask a question and it would decide how to help you. It was pretty unhelpful and time-wasting, so people started asking "what is the half-life of radium?" and it would redirect the call to a human. Eventually it learned answers to similar questions.

I hate talking to such "AIs". They are all dumb. They make me feel dumb. 

Aleksandr S wrote:

My bank has introduced a similar pseudo-AI feature over phone. You needed to ask a question and it would decide how to help you. It was pretty unhelpful and time-wasting, so people started asking "what is the half-life of radium?" and it would redirect the call to a human. Eventually it learned answers to similar questions.

I have literally ended up screaming at them - when my disability symptoms have reached crisis and I'm trying to get through to insurance and can't get past a bot. OMG. I try to avoid emergency departments since I likely won't die, but I still need help. 

I hate whoever invented telephone AI. 

Amanda L wrote:

Aleksandr S wrote:

I have literally ended up screaming at them - when my disability symptoms have reached crisis and I'm trying to get through to insurance and can't get past a bot. OMG. I try to avoid emergency departments since I likely won't die, but I still need help. 

I screamed at an AI bot once, too. It told me to calm down. It was one of the most sophisticated bots I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. 

Reinier B wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

Aleksandr S wrote:

I screamed at an AI bot once, too. It told me to calm down. It was one of the most sophisticated bots I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. 

Sorry for your frustration, but that's kind of cool Cat LOL I would like to be told to calm down by a bot.

I had a strange debit order go off my bank account just after my country's COVID-19 lockdown started. I phoned the usual number for discrepancies. It kept getting a bot...and nothing I did could get me through to a human. After two days of this I went into the bank. Lo and behold...they could not help me with the issue because all debit order related issues were handled by said number.... 

I explained and explained. 

SORRY> use the number.

SOOOOO I threw a little scene (was part of the acting group while a student and heavily leaned on that experience)

They call the bank manager (small branch and all that).

He tells me the same >SORRY use the number.

I told him my experience.

He tells me>SORRY use the number.

I pull out my ace card - tears (on purpose)

HE phones the number, I input my details, pass the phone back to him......HE gets to deal with the bot...to NO AVAIL.

BANK MANAGER gets peeved. HE phones ANOTHER number. They put him through to relevant person....and finally, I get the debit order retracted.

I STILL, a few months later, have no idea who tried getting money out of me by means of this debit order, but I HAVE kept a close watch on things since then.

But one thing I DO know...cry in the bank if you are a woman. Sometimes feminine wiles work. Although I deplore them. Well...most of the time.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths