🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: https://support.upwork.com/ redirect on m...
Page options
sethmeshko
Community Member

Upwork Navigation Fail

Since there is no feedback or bug report threads on Upwork I am going to post this here:
https://youtu.be/gweuQ7vRWTc
It is a video showing the Upwork website navigation failing.

While we are hovering around the subject, Upwork really should have a bug report and feedback thread.  But if you want to continue to do that corporate deflection thing of avoiding accountability by making direct communication about your problems impossible, then I guess just keep doing what you are doing.

20 REPLIES 20
petra_r
Community Member

Seth M wrote:

Since there is no feedback or bug report threads on Upwork I am going to post this here:

I know it doesn't solve your problem but I loved your delivery in that video.... It really made me laugh. "Gentle & Kind Sarcasm" could become "a thing"

Try this link if for some reason you do actually want to upgrade

f404
Community Member

I am troubleshooting at support.upwork.com page.I can't view any other pages except the main page. Always directing to main mage.

Here is my problem via screen record. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mzaP3WapHLoIQhZ9XinjK5RxUXi6PWcH/view?usp=sharing

around 60 secs I try to show you. I cleared my browser(chrome) caches, it doesn't help.

Can you help me? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdullah,

Could you please try using this guide for more information on How to Clear Cache & Cookies for Google Chrome and let us know if the issue persists afterward?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
f404
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

As I mentioned my first post, I cleared my browser's cache&cookies before. I did it again. Still the issue persists.

Thank you.

Abdullah

Hi Abdullah,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
f404
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thanks your time.

If anyone have this issue another time, please try these;

- Check your browser's version, if available update latest version

- Clear Cache&Cookies on your browser

- Scan your computer for any virus, risky files etc.

- Restart your computer after that try again the reach the websites

If still problem occures, open a new topic.

Regards,

~Abdullah

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Seth and Abdullah, 

I've merged your reports into one thread and will share this with the team for investigation. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
diegosanmiguel
Community Member

Thanks for reporting this, Seth.

My team is taking a deeper look into what might be causing this anomaly. Do you experience the same issue when you follow this direct link to the content?

Hi
I'm facing redirects from the support pages and can not read any information. Once I click any link I'm redirected back to the main support page in a few seconds.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yana,

I've merged your post into another thread where similar issues were reported. The team is investigating the issue (please, refer to Diego's post earlier on the thread.)

Meanwhile, if you have any questions we could answer here, please let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
9789ce2c
Community Member

If I open a help article on https://support.upwork.com/ I experience also a redirect after 2 seconds. This is very bad since I have a question I want to answer on my one.

Maybe someone can answer this here until the support site is working again:

Can I extend the deadline of a milestone as client or as freelancer?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thomas,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. The team is investigating this issue and we'll be sure to post and update as soon as possible. Please, refer to Diego's post earlier on the thread.

If the milestone has already been funded, your client won't be able to edit the due date. However, that date will not have any effects on your contract or profile. It's solely there for the reference and if you and your client discussed it and agreed on a new due date, everything should be fine.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
shahariar4me
Community Member

Hi,

I  am trying to visit my support request page and when I click there automatic forward again the main support pages. I am worries and what the problem I can't understand.  can anyone please check 

Thank  you

karengrig
Community Member

Hi. I'm having the same issue right now. I tried clearing cash and cookies. Also tried opening the site in another browser. Nothing helps. I can't view my requests or read FAQ. I keep being redirected to the main page of support.upwork.com every time. 

I'm attaching the screenshot of the error I get in the Chrome console.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Karen, Shahariar, James and others,

We've been investigating all the reports of the redirect issue on the Upwork Help page, but, unfortunately, it's really difficult to replicate for us. If you still experience that redirection loop on the page, could you please get a HAR file and send it to me via a private message. I'll be happy to forward it to our engineers and it would help us greatly to fix it!

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Trying to learn how to make a proposal and what is needed for it but the site keeps going back to homepage when I try to select the category i believe would show me such.

Hi Anthony,

I would just like to confirm, is this happening while researching in Upwork Help for information about submitting proposals, or this happened while you were trying to submit a proposal? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi I am having the exact same problem too. I tried clearing history and cookies and using another browser, but anytime I click a link from the help page, it just takes me back to the help page. 

Hi Rory,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues viewing the help article links. I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
jamesfoxtrot
Community Member

Hi all,

I too am experiencing this issue. What's weird is i'm still getting it inside incognito mode in chrome. Are you guys running AB tests that could be causing this?

If you're still debugging this issue, you could get someone to look at your Google Analytics reports - from looking at your setup, the page loads long enough for Google Analytics to fire and then redirect. You could isolate a pattern and look to see if it's happening in a specific browser.

Thanks,

James

Latest Articles
Learning Paths