cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Wishlist!

Megan F Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
1 of 38

Tis the season for wishful thinking.  Since Amazon has a wishlist feature, here is a thread for UpWork wishes! Feel free to add.

I would love the ability to move time I've recorded under a wrong work diary -  to the correct work diary. Unfortunatelya screenshot of time recorded under the incorrect contract, then manually entering into the correct work diary isn't practical this day in age.  Upwork, let's get the ability to select the time bubbles and have an option to "Move to" the correct spot. 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 38

@Megan F wrote:

Tis the season for wishful thinking.  Since Amazon has a wishlist feature, here is a thread for UpWork wishes! Feel free to add.

I would love the ability to move time I've recorded under a wrong work diary -  to the correct work diary. Unfortunatelya screenshot of time recorded under the incorrect contract, then manually entering into the correct work diary isn't practical this day in age.  Upwork, let's get the ability to select the time bubbles and have an option to "Move to" the correct spot. 

Sympathize! I've done it and lost a week's work. One does things in a hurry and one pays. It would be good if Upwork could make it sort of fail safe.

I know, I know - we should know better, take better care etc. But still - it happens - to a lot of us! 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 38

I do it too.

Frequently.

You'd think after god knows how many hours (over 10k for sure, too lazy to check) I'd have learned.

But. I. Still. Track. Hours. To. Wrong. Contracts.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 38

I wish Upwork would immediately delete (or move to an alternate universe that doesn't show up in the forums) all posts beotching and moaning about JSS issues and "We should get our connects back" because of this, that and the other thing. Enough already.

Second paragraph removed because it was too mean. My Upwork wishlist could get very, very long.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 38

Virginia F wrote:

I wish Upwork would immediately delete (or move to an alternate universe that doesn't show up in the forums) all posts beotching and moaning about JSS issues and "We should get our connects back" because of this, that and the other thing. Enough already.

Second paragraph removed because it was too mean. My Upwork wishlist could get very, very long.

What would be good if Upwork added a heading to the drop-down list and put a JSS section under "Coffee break". 

My email has been jammed with JSS complaints, to the extent that I am going to turn off receiving community notifications. 

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
6 of 38

I wish UW would institute a meaningful test of readiness which every newly enrolled FL would have to pass before being able to submit proposals. A passing score would require demonstrated understanding of the terms of each type of UW contract; how and when payment occurs; the fundamentals of the feedback system including the JSS, the TR badge, and RT; and a set of basic "what if" scenarios covering disagreements, formal disputes, and arbitration.

Upon approval of their profile, a new FL would have access to all Help & Support resources and would be able to read the Community Forum (but not post comments yet). Between all of that, anyone who is not lazy could learn all they needed to pass the readiness test. After passing the test, they could submit proposals and also participate fully in the CF.

Protect feckless/wreckless/careless/lazy/impatient newbies from themselves, protect clients from same, and relieve everybody else from hearing the whining that ensues from all sides when utterly predictable, utterly preventable misunderstandings and mishaps occur.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
7 of 38

Greater transparency

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
8 of 38

Upwork mugs or water bottles for all top-rated Christmas stockings  ...  without having to enter a contest. I mean seriously, how long does someone have to work here to get some swag?

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
9 of 38

Well this thought might not receive favorable responses but I am going to say it anyway... I wouldn't mind the ability to pay for a "sponsored" spot on client searches with relevant search terms (like Google does). I do fully support the notion of giving newer freelancers a chance to show in the top spots as surely I benefited at one time, but I still shake my head when I search from a client perspective and I am buried so deep that Indiana Jones wouldn't find me.  I, as many of you, provide a good profit margin at the lowest possible cost to UW (i.e. rarely use CS and don't have client issues) and I'd happily make an additional investment to the benefit of both parties. I think UW leaves a lot of money on the table.  

Ace Contributor
Valerio S Member Since: Oct 13, 2017
10 of 38

@Megan F wrote:

I had the same problem a couple of times this week, and I realized that the reason (at least for me) is that the only thing I can see in the work diary is the title of the contracts (which in my case is very similar in every contract), if I could  see the name of the client first, followed by the title of the contract, that would solve 90% of the problem.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS