Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Wishlist!

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
31 of 38

@Rene K wrote:

I don't understand what are you guys doing.

It is possible that someone who is new to Upwork may think that Upwork actually listens to suggestions, but seasoned users should know better.

At best, Upwork's IT resources are insufficient. At worst, they are poorly managed. The platform is down all the time, bugs can sit here for months before being fixed and changes sometimes take years to get implemented.

What the frak do you think you are doing with your wishlist? Christmas is around the corner and you feel like writing to Santa or what?

A whislist. Lol.

That's why they're called horses .... we're all just riding (and begging), Rene.

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
32 of 38

@Rene K wrote:

I don't understand what are you guys doing.

It is possible that someone who is new to Upwork may think that Upwork actually listens to suggestions, but seasoned users should know better.

At best, Upwork's IT resources are insufficient. At worst, they are poorly managed. The platform is down all the time, bugs can sit here for months before being fixed and changes sometimes take years to get implemented.

What the frak do you think you are doing with your wishlist? Christmas is around the corner and you feel like writing to Santa or what?

A whislist. Lol.

I have it on very good authority that UW is in fact taking their long-term strategic plan directly from this thread. I don't like to divulge my sources, but it came in the form of a note left under my pillow in exchange for a tooth (yes, this was the cost I had to pay to bring this info to light). In other good news, I did write to Santa and ask that he or the Easter Bunny please deliver me a new tooth. If not that, I am sure they will at least renew my subscription to the Jelly of the Month club. 

For your naysaying attitude, Rene, may Santa deliver another McDonald's or Starbucks to your country! Joyeux Noel! 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
33 of 38

Scott B wrote: 

For your naysaying attitude, Rene, may Santa deliver another McDonald's or Starbucks to your country! Joyeux Noel! 

Burger King came back after decades of absence, so I'm happy. And if Upwork is reading this thread and since they are in California, is there a way they can pull some strings so we get San Francisco's Lori's Diner in Paris? 

😀

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
34 of 38

@Rene K wrote:

Scott B wrote: 

Burger King came back after decades of absence, so I'm happy. And if Upwork is reading this thread and since they are in California, is there a way they can pull some strings so we get San Francisco's Lori's Diner in Paris? 

😀

I think you'd prefer In-N-Out which can still have lines around it at 2a. Not Californian, but perhaps Chick-fil-A is another treat awaiting Parisians.... I am weeping as I write this because, you know, it will eventually happen. 

Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
35 of 38

My wish? I'd like to see people who post jobs asking freelancers to write their academic dissertations have their accounts permanently closed by UpWork.

If someone could also put some lumps of coal in their stockings (or get them expelled from their programs) if they request a masters thesis in 3 days, that would just be a bonus. 

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
36 of 38

Cher Rene, we can always hope.  It will never happen but then, I will never get the stuff on my Amazon wish list either.

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
37 of 38

Colleen and Valero,

I put significant time into reviewing profiles, not for JSS scores nor merit badges, but for whether the freelancer is business-oriented and makes sense. Then I invite not more than ten from the list and make the job invitation only. I acknowledge every response and keep everybody aware of the progress of downselection. At the end, those with salvageable responses get told why they didn't get this job, in hope that they will remember me and apply in the future. If there is a flaw, I try to identify it to the freelancer so that s/he becomes better. An improved talent pool benefits everyone.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
38 of 38

I want a button so that somebody reaches out through my laptop and gives me a back rub. I want that button to have pink flowers on it. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS