🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Upwork and Global Commerce
Page options
resultsassoc
Community Member

Upwork and Global Commerce

I received another email from a freelancer who has only a first name, and no last name. This is not unusual in a lot of places. Upwork allegedly told her they couldn't help her. If UW wishes to continue to lead in global commercial freelancing, it needs to deal with this issue. It needs to be able to handle wire transfers, because most international commerce depends on it. I suspect UW isn't using SOUNDEX Codes, and whoever tackles this will have to research what they are.

Divya (she only has a first name) is not a happy freelancer. There are certain minimum standards that most platforms touting themselves as "global" need to meet. You're behind the curve on this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Everyone,

I would like to confirm Mary's response. Yes there are certain users who may only have a given name and we normally advise that they can add a Mr. Ms. or Mrs as their first name.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
versailles
Community Member

One may argue that since Upwork is already full on the freelancer side, they may not be very inclined to invest much into solving this specific issue. And God knows they have plenty of issues to solve already.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

I saw a mod suggest that the freelancer add Ms., Mrs., Mr. or the like for a first name.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to confirm Mary's response. Yes there are certain users who may only have a given name and we normally advise that they can add a Mr. Ms. or Mrs as their first name.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths