cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upwork is Scrooge

Mandy H Member Since: Feb 12, 2019
1 of 16

Merry Christmas Upwork - 

From a member of the Freelance community who collectively pays your bills and butters your bread. One part of the collective whom you couldn't exist without. We the ones who work tirelessly everyday, and to use your platform, you take a cut. Fair enough. But after a 10-15% cut from everything that comes in (through your platform) all year long, you also find it necessary to take a cut from the Christmas Bonus our clients so generously gives? You should be the one giving out Christmas Bonuses, but no. You only take. 

Merry Christmas Scrooge. 

Community Leader
Muhammad Zeeshan H Member Since: Dec 21, 2019
2 of 16

No bonus for me still. Smiley Very Happy
But yeah,  I really support your point. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 16

I'm sure they did give out bonuses to their employees.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 16

Hi Mandy,

I understand your frustration but please do note that the sliding service fee is applied universally on all payments processed on Upwork on contracts with non-Enterprise clients. While turbulent, we hope you had a great year on Upwork and wish you even more success in 2021. Happy holidays!

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 16

Stay buoyant Upwork  and ignore the whining "unfair" chorus. I hope all freelancers on Upwork and all Upwork employees - particularly the mods - have as good a Christmas or seasonal holiday as is possible and let's all raise a glass to a better 2021.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 16

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Mandy,

I understand your frustration but please do note that the sliding service fee is applied universally on all payments processed on Upwork on contracts with non-Enterprise clients. While turbulent, we hope you had a great year on Upwork and wish you even more success in 2021. Happy holidays!

Happy Holidays VLAD DADDY.

Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
7 of 16

Thanks, Vlad! And thanks to Upwork for a great year!

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
8 of 16

Thanks, Vlad! And thanks to UW for helping me stay afloat this year. Here's hoping we all have a more profitable and less perilous year in 2021. And for Upwork I particularly wish the platform attracts more FLs who understand contracting and comprehend the operating principles of UW's business model as well as their own, so they can devote their talents and energy to earning money.

Happy holidays and a prosperous new year to everybody!

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
9 of 16

Hello, Vlad

Wishing you and all other Upworkers (behind-the-scenes folks, mods, and freelancers) a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

Upwork is a great platform, unmatched by any other.

Ravi

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
10 of 16

Blessings to all.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS