cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very serious request

Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
1 of 19

We need more than just a kudos button. I want to roll my eyes, shake my head, headdesk, shrug, and ^^THIS posts. 

Tell those engineers to give me some emojis. The workers demand emojis. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 19

Hi Amanda, 

I appreciate your suggestion, and will let Lena and the rest of the team know that you would like these features to be available in the Community. 

I will move your thread to the Coffee Break board which I hope you don't mind. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3 of 19

Amanda L wrote:

We need more than just a kudos button. I want to roll my eyes, shake my head, headdesk, shrug, and ^^THIS posts. 

Totally agree! End the emoji-free zone!

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
4 of 19

🦸‍♀️👍

ETA The "woman superhero" looked better on the web page I got it from!

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
5 of 19

Amanda L wrote:

I want a F this

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
BEST ANSWER
6 of 19

Or at the very least, a thumbs down button...

Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
7 of 19

Robot Embarassed Woman Very Happy Cat Happy Smiley LOL

Seems like if we can have them in messages, we should be able to have them here. :thumbsdown:

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
8 of 19

Copy your preference    https://emojipedia.org/thumbs-down-sign-type-4/

or resort to ....

HEAD & WALL.gif

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
9 of 19

I'm sure I represent a minority (maybe a minority of one!) but I feel like more than enough of my interactions with others occur in contexts and using media that discourage us from using our words. Personally, I think it's contributing to the ongoing breakdown of social discourse online and in "real life." More and more people are less and less inclined to invest the time and energy it takes to articulate what they're thinking. Emojis are just too quick and too cool.

In addition to learning things about how the platform works and sharing experiences and insights with other professionals, I've found an authentic community in this forum. I am afraid the experience would be less rich if people could participate by simply popping emojis instead of having to write their thoughts.

Community Guru
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
10 of 19

Phyllis G wrote:

I'm sure I represent a minority (maybe a minority of one!) but I feel like more than enough of my interactions with others occur in contexts and using media that discourage us from using our words. Personally, I think it's contributing to the ongoing breakdown of social discourse online and in "real life." More and more people are less and less inclined to invest the time and energy it takes to articulate what they're thinking. Emojis are just too quick and too cool.

In addition to learning things about how the platform works and sharing experiences and insights with other professionals, I've found an authentic community in this forum. I am afraid the experience would be less rich if people could participate by simply popping emojis instead of having to write their thoughts.

I wish I could, but I really couldn't have put this better. Ironically Phyllis, I've given kudos to the post, because the feature is 'there', I'd rather it wasn't at all, because at least then people will have to make 'an effort' to (hopefully, constructively) articulate their response to a post. 

The last thing the forum needs is a feature which makes it easier to spread negativity.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS