Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video games

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
1 of 80

I wonder who plays games here?

I just finished Firewatch. Honestly, I would recommend it. The game is short, immersive and beautiful.

firewatch-game-cover-pc-2016.jpg

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
2 of 80

The only game I've played with any level of consistency is World of Warcraft, which I've been a part of for over 10 years now (I honestly cannot believe that). I've made so many friends and continue to have so much fun.

This is my toon:

freysdru.JPG

Community Guru
3 of 80

I played WoW à long time ago, but after a while you feel like going in circles. And I don't like the way the game is now. If they put online some legacy servers, when you really needed to earn each level with your sweat, I may give it another try.

-----------
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
4 of 80

LOL then you'd love this latest expansion.  It's is pure vanilla WoW.  Nothing, and I mean nothing, is easy.  Everything is a grind.

For instance, the quest line to level my alchemy is 32 quests long and requires both dungeons and raids :/

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 80

re: "I wonder who plays games here?"

You mean other than the scammer clients who ask newbies to work for free? And the scammer freelancers who bill hours on a project they have no idea how to accomplish, and then disappear?

Apparently you're thinking of a different type of game than what we usually discuss in the Forum.

Community Guru
6 of 80

C'mon @Preston, I'm sure you play video games :-)

-----------
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 80

I don't mind being asked the question. But I really don't play any video games, computer games, online games. Nothing like that.

I honestly use the Community Forum to fill that need.

I'm not saying that the Forum is a "game." But it is entertaining. And addictive.

[Here, let me post a response on behalf of many regular Forum participants: "That explains a lot."]

Community Guru
8 of 80

Funny, I would have painted you as as geek wearing a mask of seriousness :-)

-----------
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 80

I'll have to check out Firewatch. I just bought an Indie game named Valley and it's pretty cool. Reminds me of old school Myst and I loved Myst. Had to use a cheat book to get through it but whatever LOL

I like RPGs and Action/Adventure games. Not into sports at all.

I'm playing WoW with Christy. We killer drooods. We have an awesome tank and her daughter is good DPS, so she and I switch between healer and dps and it's cool cuz we can dungeon just us and maybe pug just one dps.

I have FFVII remix preordered and something else that I can't remember. Sometimes, I go down the list on Amazon and buy games that aren't coming out for years and then one day they show up at my doorstep.

Along with a fix from the flood at my place, I need to get better curtains. The glare on my killer 60" TV for my ps4 is too much during the day. First world problems.

I'm playing Clash of Clans too but WoW is keeping my interest much more. CoC is losing it. There are clans but it's not the same as a guild in WoW where you talk IRL through Skype and stuff so you all become real friends.

Community Guru
10 of 80

You'll love Firewatch. If you like FPS then you may want to try Dying Light. A zombie game with a fantastic graphic design.

32cf912c30a9_1_18__4_2_1.jpg

-----------
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS