Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Video games

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
21 of 80

@George J wrote:

I'm old-school. I play mostly emulated arcade games from the 80s and 90's on MAME. Stuff like Sinistar, Robotron, Centipede, SFII Hyper Fighting... games like that. I have my 14 year old daughter playing along with me too. We've also been playing NES, SNES, and other console games.

 

I'm also big on older FPS games like Unreal, UT99, Quake 1-3, Starsiege Tribes, etc. Not much in the way of newer games, mainly because I don't have the hardware to run them.

 

(edit) Almost forgot: World of Kung Fu MMORPG. Free, runs on older hardware like a charm, and it's fun.


I love this thread so much, but this sir is amazeballs and makes you awesome. I used to have LAN parties with 5 other dudes where we would play Quake until our eyes bled. Not really an exaggeration either. We'd go to one dude's house at like 11am and play until 3am the next day. My fingers would be sore and my eyes would see spots. lol Then I got into Quake Arena for a while.

 

My dad had an Atari and a Commodore 64. I even had the game rated the worst in history: E.T. lol I washed cars to earn the money for a Nintendo (my dad never just handed me money). That's when I got hooked on Zelda and Mario. Not many gurrrrls into video games back then but it's changing and that's cool. 

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
22 of 80

@Jennifer M wrote:

@George J wrote:

I'm old-school. I play mostly emulated arcade games from the 80s and 90's on MAME. Stuff like Sinistar, Robotron, Centipede, SFII Hyper Fighting... games like that. I have my 14 year old daughter playing along with me too. We've also been playing NES, SNES, and other console games.

 

I'm also big on older FPS games like Unreal, UT99, Quake 1-3, Starsiege Tribes, etc. Not much in the way of newer games, mainly because I don't have the hardware to run them.

 

(edit) Almost forgot: World of Kung Fu MMORPG. Free, runs on older hardware like a charm, and it's fun.


My dad had an Atari and a Commodore 64. I even had the game rated the worst in history: E.T. lol I washed cars to earn the money for a Nintendo (my dad never just handed me money). That's when I got hooked on Zelda and Mario. Not many gurrrrls into video games back then but it's changing and that's cool. 


I  got a Vic 20 for Xmas when I was 15, and a Commadora 64 when I was 17. My first experience with graphic games game building, and later, a 300 baud modem. I used that computer for 8 years, and really wish I had kept it.  I can remember spending many rainy days hunched in front of it while gaming, and then later, communicating with local folks via a BBS.

 

One word: Zork

Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
23 of 80

Fellow WOWer here since Vanilla. I have yet to install the new expansion, but I'm VERY excited about it. I'm currently playing a psychological/adventure horror game called Layers of Fear that I found on Steam. Super scary with the lights of and noise-cancelling headphones.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
24 of 80

@Maria A wrote:

Fellow WOWer here since Vanilla. I have yet to install the new expansion, but I'm VERY excited about it. I'm currently playing a psychological/adventure horror game called Layers of Fear that I found on Steam. Super scary with the lights of and noise-cancelling headphones.


Maria, come play on Bladefist. Roll Horde and play with us! We just did a Mythic dungeon last night and killed 3 bosses for epic loots. 

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
25 of 80

@Maria A wrote:

Fellow WOWer here since Vanilla. I have yet to install the new expansion, but I'm VERY excited about it. I'm currently playing a psychological/adventure horror game called Layers of Fear that I found on Steam. Super scary with the lights of and noise-cancelling headphones.


Hey Maria, I have that on my Steam watchlist too. I got another horror stand along game a while back, and have been stuck "physical moment issue" about 2/3's the way through. Gave up on it. Is Layer of Fear animated or is it just 2d pics? I can't remember I might just want to grab that pretty soon. Good for cold winter night, maybe.

Ace Contributor
Alfonsina S Member Since: Oct 10, 2015
26 of 80

I´m playing the forest at steam if can be very funny playing with other, so far I´ve been playing with 3 more people and it can be very scary! Playing alone feels like freelancing... you need to survive the zombies, keep upgrading yourself, then get back to work again haha

Ace Contributor
Martin L Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
27 of 80

I play DOTA 2. I have Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs as well, but I haven't started on it.

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
28 of 80

I'm an ex-WoW addict. I used to co-run one of the most successful guilds on Uther but when it got to the point that it felt like more of a job than a game I had to quit. I hated having to login and farm herbs for 2 hours a day to craft potions for the next guild run. I think I picked up Warlords of Draenor but the last expansion I played any significant time on was Mists of Pandaria.

 

These days I mainly prefer RPGs - Mass Effect or Dragon Age series, Fallout 4. Also the Civilization series, really looking forward to the next one dropping in a couple of weeks.

 

I'm also hugely into Overwatch right now, and bitter with myself for not picking it up at launch - I played some of the open beta and enjoyed it but thought once it went public the douches would be too annoying. So I missed out on the Summer Games event loot. But a friend finally convinced me to pick it up and I'm really enjoying it. I mainly play with him and then we pug the rest of the group but the matching algorithm is pretty good so I never feel hopelessly outclassed. If I have to solo queue its a bit more depressing but I just stay out of the team voice channel because I don't wanna be given orders by 12 year olds.

 

Jen and Christy you should really give Overwatch a go. Blizz know how to make good games.

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
29 of 80

This is my life right this minute.  Alchemy is so gated that I've now stooped to telling my guildies that if they take a flask for anything less than mythic I will hunt...them...down.  Lol

 

I don't have the gaming system for Overwatch but I've heard nothing but great things about it.


@Jennifer D wrote:

I'm an ex-WoW addict. I used to co-run one of the most successful guilds on Uther but when it got to the point that it felt like more of a job than a game I had to quit. I hated having to login and farm herbs for 2 hours a day to craft potions for the next guild run. 

 

Jen and Christy you should really give Overwatch a go. Blizz know how to make good games.


 

Ace Contributor
Jaime M Member Since: Jul 21, 2015
30 of 80

I've recently rekindled my Steam account accruing enough hours that I am a tad too embarrassed to mention them here. I mostly play simulation games and puzzle games. A friend got me into co-op Portal and other puzzle games. It's thought provoking on another level...

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS