🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Vino de Upwork
Page options
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Vino de Upwork

Not sure if any of you know this, but I am a Sommelier and work in the Wine & Spirits industry besides freelancing. 

So...what is your favorite wine or spirit of choice? Get specific... brand, etc.

29 REPLIES 29
florydev
Community Member

That is interesting.

Total wine idiot and dont' drink it a lot.  I like mostly red's, usually the dryer the better.

Last year sometime tried my first Moscoto and it struck me that it tastes exactly like how I want champagne to taste.  The one we have settled on is the Villa Joldana.   

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Trader Js has a good one called Villa Alena. American moscatos have added sugar. Italian moscatos are so much better. 

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Not knowledgeable about wine. I like pinot noir, some cabernet, pinot grigio, dry rose. In the winter, I like a Manhattan (made with rye). In the summer, I like gin & tonic (preferably with tonic mixed from syrup). I will happily choke down a dry martini or well-made margarita any time. Pale ale, red ale, or pilsner.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Manhattans and Old Fashioneds are on the uptrend again. 

Sounds like you keep a well-stocked liquor cabinet. I like that!  

kat303
Community Member

Flor de Caña 7 year rum and Triibe Celtic Liqueur. Don't care much for wines,
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Kathy T wrote:

Now we're talkin'. I may have to try to order Triibe. I've heard about it but never tried it - or seen it. 

Where did you find it?

Cairenn R wrote:

Kathy T wrote:

Now we're talkin'. I may have to try to order Triibe. I've heard about it but never tried it - or seen it. 

Where did you find it?

I'm located in the U.S. in sourtheast Florida. Down here, a store called Big Daddy's carries it. Also a local store, Crown Wine and Spirits carries it. (Haven't seen it in any of the Publix liquor stores.)  You might try calling a few of the local liquor stores in your area and if not, looks like you might have to order it. 

colleenezzell
Community Member

I'm missing so much by not being able to enjoy a fine wine with dinner. I was born without the enzyme required to process alcohol and I get violently ill, even if I eat something cooked with alcohol. "They" say it cooks off, but I'm here to tell you it doesn't ALL cook off.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Sorry you have that issue. I actually don't drink wine too often. I'm always doing tastings, so it's one of things when you're in the business, you don't necessary indulge in the product at home. I built my wine rack, and there's not a bottle in it.   

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Whoa! Robot surprised

I'm a wine-idiot too, but I drink it a lot. I've tried a port wine that was from Canada, which I really enjoyed. It was a little sweet, but still has that tangy taste. 

I'm all for fruity/berry/semi-sweet wines. So I'm bookmarking this thread, and will wait for any recommndations from anyone. Robot Happy

~ Avery
Upwork
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Avery, 

You might want to explore Madeira. You can read about it here: 

https://winefolly.com/review/what-is-madeira-wine/

It ranges from very sweet to very dry. The island has a interesting history as well. 

Ooh!! Thanks, Cairenn! Robot Happy

~ Avery
Upwork
versailles
Community Member

Sileeeeence, mortals!

Who allowed this thread to exist?

There are only two categories of wine: French wine and insignificant wine. Period.

Everything having been settled, this topic can now be closed.

The 10 Most Beautiful Wine Châteaux in France

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

I've loved wine for many years now. For the past several I've preferred the sparklings-mainly whites; occasionally roses.

My "go to" is Martini and Rossi Asti Spumante. Love the lightness/fruitiness and not overly sweet IMO.  Something else I love is the price!  I've come a long way from the rot gut I used to drink when I first began-lol!  

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Pat M wrote:

I've loved wine for many years now. For the past several I've preferred the sparklings-mainly whites; occasionally roses.

My "go to" is Martini and Rossi Asti Spumante. Love the lightness/fruitiness and not overly sweet IMO.  Something else I love is the price!  I've come a long way from the rot gut I used to drink when I first began-lol!  

Ah, yes! Drinking from the bottom shelf! Boone Farms!!!

@Anonymous-User wrote:

Pat M wrote:

Ah, yes! Drinking from the bottom shelf! Boone Farms!!!

Yep, Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill and Zapple Apple.  As I remember, they both had a bit of fruitiness but a huge amount of sweetness due to all of the sugar. 

Ahhh, to be young and foolish again. Not!

httpsRene K wrote@versailles wrote:

Sileeeeence, mortals!

Who allowed this thread to exist?

There are only two categories of wine: French wine and insignificant wine. Period.

Everything having been settled, this topic can now be closed.

The 10 Most Beautiful Wine Châteaux in France

I feel compelled to assure that Italy receives at the very least a highly honorable mention:

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/italy/articles/the-10-best-wineries-in-italy/

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

You are correct sir! 

And if anyone even mentions the words "white zinfandel" they will be banished from the thread!

To disagree with Rene - Spain has glorious wines ranging from Cava to Riojas to Sherrys.

Trader Joe fans - they carry a Carinena, Monte Ducay Reserva, that sells for a few bucks under $10 and tastes like a $30 Spanish wine.

Cairenn R wrote:

You are correct sir! 

And if anyone even mentions the words "white zinfandel" they will be banished from the thread!

I realize that it's all a matter of taste but nasty! nasty! My mother-in-law used to love white zinfandel. Thankfully I agreed with her taste in many areas but certainly not that one.

allpurposewriter
Community Member

Sober 30 plus years. When I drank, the bottom shelf was all I could reach. To me, the second sip of anything tasted good enough. 

Anthony H wrote:

Sober 30 plus years. 

Oh man, sorry to hear about your sobriety. That sucks! Sobriety is a hallucinatory state provoked by the lack of alcohol in the organism. It is no matter for laughter. People who don't suffer from it don't know the pain.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Anthony H wrote:

Sober 30 plus years. When I drank, the bottom shelf was all I could reach. To me, the second sip of anything tasted good enough. 

I'm sure it must have been very difficult for you, and I'm happy  you were able to get the help you needed. So many do not. 

All I drink is water and milk, sometimes an isotonic beverage, but when I was little, like 8 years old Smiley LOL I used to like the sweet muscats that came in bottles like these:damajuanas.jpg

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Love these! Thanks for sharing!

Since I moved to New Zealand, I almost completely abandoned wine, discovered craft beers and started brewing myself.  At the moment I'm in my Sour beer phase.

Anthony H wrote:

Anthony, many congratulatiions to you!!! 

m_terrazas
Community Member

I'm sorry for Rene, but ... a good Rioja : robotwink:

Ohhhh yes! 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths