🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Virus
Page options
colettelewis
Community Member

Virus

There are times when I think I am suffering from transferred Connects-20 virus.

Perhaps we could have a separate  Connects-virus  heading in the community menu, which could look like this:

Community Home: Official Upwork: Community Discussions: Top Rated: More: Connects-20 virus.

What would be good is if the Connects virus could be clarified once and for all and under one heading. This to avoid all the usual conspiracy theories ... 

Connects get returned if: 

1) The client cancels the job him/herself without hiring: How long does it take to return the connects spent?

2) Upwork cancels the job for a ToS violation: How long does it take to return the connects spent?

3) Upwork sometimes has this little flashing blue light on a job offer saying connects returned if there is no hire: How long does it take to return the connects spent if this is the case?

#3 does not show in the ToS, and I have to say - that I have yet to see a returned connect on the latter, when the client does not appear to have hired. '

(Please note that I use suitably ambiguous words like "appear")

In the meantime this virus is rather contagious. Is there anything Upwork can do to stop its spread? 

6 REPLIES 6
richard_wein
Community Member

Nichola L wrote:

In the meantime this virus is rather contagious. Is there anything Upwork can do to stop its spread? 

How about a complete lockdown until the virus is contained?  No more connect refunds until people stop demanding refunds.  😉

m_terrazas
Community Member

Nichola L wrote:

There are times when I think I am suffering from transferred Connects-20 virus.

Perhaps we could have a separate  Connects-virus  heading in the community menu, which could look like this:

Community Home: Official Upwork: Community Discussions: Top Rated: More: Connects-20 virus.

What would be good is if the Connects virus could be clarified once and for all and under one heading. This to avoid all the usual conspiracy theories ... 

Connects get returned if: 

1) The client cancels the job him/herself without hiring: How long does it take to return the connects spent?

2) Upwork cancels the job for a ToS violation: How long does it take to return the connects spent?

3) Upwork sometimes has this little flashing blue light on a job offer saying connects returned if there is no hire: How long does it take to return the connects spent if this is the case?

#3 does not show in the ToS, and I have to say - that I have yet to see a returned connect on the latter, when the client does not appear to have hired. '

(Please note that I use suitably ambiguous words like "appear")

TODAY I got this message from Upwork:
"A job that you submitted to proposal for, Animation Team, has been closed or has expired. Your proposal has been archived.
Etc, etc...."
I went to see what it was. I thought he remembered that it was one with a "little flashing blue light". And yes, the 6 connects that I used have been returned to me, TODAY.
Speed!

Maria T wrote:

TODAY I got this message from Upwork:
"A job that you submitted to proposal for, Animation Team, has been closed or has expired. Your proposal has been archived.
Etc, etc...."
I went to see what it was. I thought he remembered that it was one with a "little flashing blue light". And yes, the 6 connects that I used have been returned to me, TODAY.
Speed!

Yay! it works! 

Started bidding after a long time and here's what I feel about the connects.

If you want to work on Upwork, let the connects go. If they come back to you, they were yours. If they don't they never were.

Prachi T wrote:

Started bidding after a long time and here's what I feel about the connects.

If you want to work on Upwork, let the connects go. If they come back to you, they were yours. If they don't they never were.

You have the soul of a philospher! Upwork should have it as a slogan ...

Nichola,

Transparency will help. What do number of proposals look like since freelancers began needing to buy them? If they're going down, with no or many fewer auto-responds, that's great for freelancers and clients alike. Data by categories would be really helpful.

What is the rationale behind charging six connects for a job worth less than $100? That's a stealth increase from 20% to 21% of revenue.

Have there been any changes in numbers of freelancers going inactive? In what categories? The data exist to answer these questions.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths