🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Warning: Microsoft ERP
Page options
resultsassoc
Community Member

Warning: Microsoft ERP

I am a management consultant who, among other things, helps clients select expensive software solutions. A current project is an ERP for a manufacturer. I contacted a dozen software houses, including Microsoft Dynamics. Alone, it refused to deal with me unless I identified the client. I got his permission, and in absolutely explicit terms told the rep that if Microsoft or one of its partners contacted the client directly, it would be disqualified. I provided a summary functional requirements as well.

The Microsoft Partner waited four weeks, then sent a proposal directly to the client. Microsoft had neglected to tell her that this would disqualify the software; it also neglected to forward the functional requirements. This is my second straight poor experience with trying to qualify Microsoft ERP for a client.

Poor business practices, poor communications, no urgency, went bhind my back, difficult to work with and arrogant. For clients or consultants seeking an ERP system, be warned.

1 REPLY 1
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Sounds like a perfect reason to remove them from any/all consideration permanently, unless a client specifically requests something from them. After all, if they can't even follow simple instructions in a proposal, how can they follow through on anything else they end up promising?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths