🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Ways to relieve stress while in lockdown
Page options
loyalworker
Community Member

Ways to relieve stress while in lockdown

Hello everyone,

I'm sure most of us worldwide are in some sort of a lockdown. I also don't know if it happens to me only, but this year multiple clients I worked for went crazy. I've no idea is it because turbulent corona times, or what, but it is **bleep** hard to fight all the stress. My question for community is. How do you relieve stress in these lockdown and curfew times when gyms and all the other pyhsical activites are fordbidden? How to stay calm and stress free when dealing with different types of morons? I'm meditating as often as I can and go for a walk/run, but it is just not effective enough. Share some methods please.

Thank you everyone!

13 REPLIES 13
voiceovervandeen
Community Member

Hi Ivan,

Sorry to hear things are getting you down, from March to August my GF & I never left our house due to shielding & in the main I didn't find it a problem. I switched my mindset & channelled my energy & thoughts into doing the creative things it allowed me the time to do, rather than dwelling on the physical outdoor things it didn't. e.g. I wrote some poetry, started learning guitar again, playing piano, learning new skills etc.
I often found myself thinking about Terry Waite, & how he got through four years of incarceration as a hostage & knew I was more than strong enough to come out of it OK.

I also set aside quite a bit of time for supporting others in chat rooms etc. & whilst doing this I found people who were terminally ill, or who had relatives approaching end of life that they'd never get to see again. So as well as giving me some purpose & a good karma feeling in being an ear for them to sound off too, it really kept any personal frustrations in perspective. I noticed in the main that it was the "creators & artists" in these forums that were thriving, & the consumers were finding it the most tough.

If you're more of a "physical stress relief" type of guy, I find yoga a great way to both workout / relax, & have reintroduced some callisthenics (body weight exercises) into my daily routine to replace my usual cardio induced endorphin buzz.

Best of luck in finding whatever works for you!

slavkoa
Community Member

Ivan I wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm sure most of us worldwide are in some sort of a lockdown.

There is a lockdown ?

Keep it light on the bright side.

astepanov83
Community Member

Watch the Wolf of Wall Street. McConaughey gives a comprehensive answer to this question.
lysis10
Community Member

Gym! I don't go every day but 5 days a week. When you feel stressed, it sucks to motivate yourself but gym time is a great way to get rid of stress.

Jennifer M wrote:

Gym! I don't go every day but 5 days a week. When you feel stressed, it sucks to motivate yourself but gym time is a great way to get rid of stress.

Gyms are closed in many countries, including the OP's. I like to go for long walks, but only if the weather is nice, and since it's winter in the UK, those days are few and far between. I recommend drinking.

I'm planning on getting an Oculus Quest 2 within the next couple of weeks or so. They're supposed to be very good for fun and for exercise. 

I also recommend drinking - not necessarily at the same time, though. Or maybe *especially* at the same time.

Jamie F wrote:

I'm planning on getting an Oculus Quest 2 within the next couple of weeks or so. They're supposed to be very good for fun and for exercise. 

I also recommend drinking - not necessarily at the same time, though. Or maybe *especially* at the same time.

Weed is illegal in GA but my friend introduced me to delta-thc (CDT). Same feels but none of the paranoia. I quit drinking and just vape now. Well, not completely quit drinking. I still do in social settings, but I feel pretty good during this dry spell. Not sure how long I'll go because I do love a drink at night to relax me. It's when it turns into 4 drinks that it's bad. lol

Yeah, you know when I drink alone
I prefer to be by myself

George Thorogood

Jamie F wrote:

This arrived this morning.

I've not had a chance to use it much yet but so far it's better than what I was expecting. I could spend ages just gawping at the home 'page'. 

Christine A wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Gyms are closed in many countries, including the OP's. I like to go for long walks, but only if the weather is nice, and since it's winter in the UK, those days are few and far between. I recommend drinking.

oh whoops! I'd probably get a treadmill. Shove it in front of a TV and run.

isamybaxy
Community Member

Hello Ivan,

I quite agree the times are different but there is one thing that is not different... You!

What could be different is your attitude, reaction, and perception of things.

Nothing will work if you are not able to find your center or peace.

I suggest letting go of all baggage first. The terrible feed from the news, social media, and people you consider toxic. But try not to make them feel bad about themselves.

There is so much more knowledge now than at any time in our history and yet man is less positive, less confident, ignorant, and less aware of his higher consciousness and purpose.

Feed only on good vibes, focus your mind on productivity, keep your space clean.

When I meditate I always come back to the consciousness - "I am life, I am life energy"

Lately, I've been studying physics, and music for me is Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, or The Cinematic Orchestra - Arrival of the birds.

I then realize there is abundant life around me. The birds singing, the wind on my skin, etc. There is a deeper sense of life and consciousness I did not know existed till my mind got elevated.

One more thing: If you don't feel comfortable with a client during the interview, please don't push it. Just don't eat that frog - Not this period at least.

I inadvertently acquired a puppy.  Definitely keeps the world issues stress down .  She was terrified of everything but after 6 months, she is so much better and braver.  She's funny and sweet and smart.  We named her Stella Artois. When she curls up with me, all stress is gone.

jennicawatts
Community Member

Hi Ivan,

I can definitely relate to feeling this way. Especially lately! One thing that I have found that works for me is I add a bit of Mushroom powder to my coffee (no, not magic mushrooms). Four Sigmatic has a nice blend.

If you're not allergic to them, they have some wonderful benefits including stress relief and calming anxiety. They have really helped keep me aligned this year. 

I hope this helps!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths