cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website problems on upwork.com

Highlighted
Skip M Member Since: Aug 18, 2015
1 of 7

Could we please get an update from Upwork about when the problems of applicants not showing up on a job posting they've applied to will be resolved?  It is not fair to freelancers, especially, because they can't be 100% their application will be delivered and attached to the right job.  

Best to communicate quickly, honestly, and directly with your members when there's a problem with service delivery so that we don't think it's being ignored.  

thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

I would absolutely love to know as well but there is no point in them telling us a timeline, simply because they do not and can not know. They're working on it and it does appear to be starting to filter through, but slowly.

My understanding is that no proposal is lost. "Just" (and yes, I know, bad enough!) stuck in the system.

The more time they devote to fixing it and the less time they devote to telling us it is in the process of being fixed and will be fixed as soon as possible the faster it WILL be fixed.

We'd all love to know WHEN it will be fixed, but frankly the only honest answer to that is "when it's fixed!"

Highlighted
Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
3 of 7

I am waiting for their response also 

Highlighted
Nathan C Member Since: Aug 18, 2015
4 of 7

Upwork employs hundreds of people. Of that number, there is at least one spokesperson, and probably an entire office dedicated to PR. Moreover, someone is almost certainly preparing reports for the executives at the company about the scale of the problem and the estimated time to resolve it.

This problem is now into its fourth day. They should at the very least have their spokesperson sharing some of the information prepared for the executives with us. There is no official announcement about it in the forums, no blog entry, and no press release.

That no information is being shared tells me that the problem is a lot more serious than most believe.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Aaron H Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
5 of 7

Agreed, I sense panic at Upwork.com HQ... All I can hope is that when the dust settles I get my connects back when they say "oops, we lost 'em".

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
6 of 7

Just my two cents.  I know the bug persists, but while it's being fixed why don't you send a blast email to clients informing them of the bug and let them know that if they invite freelancers to their posts it's kind of a workaround the problem until it's fixed.  From what I've seen it's not affecting the proposals if you are invited.  Yesterday I was invited, I responded and was hired within 15 minute's.  And it was a new client to the platform.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7

Hi All,

I can confirm the proposals that have been submitted are stored properly but do not show currently because of the technical issue. I understand that this is very frustrating for both freelancers and clients and we are doing everything we can to have the issue resolved soon.

We will be updating this thread once we have more information. Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS