cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird job descriptions...

Community Guru
Mattia G Member Since: Mar 10, 2014
1 of 17
Hello there, I'm not used to make fun of clients out there, and I always try my best to be respectful and fair... but I've just stumbled upon this job description: "I need someone that has some Psychic gifts and can predict sporting event outcomes. Please only apply if you are able to do this because there will be test predictions needed to see if you are legitimate"... Seriously... I mean... SERIOUSLY? Is it a freelancing platform or some kind of circus? This is not a complaint, and it's not aimed at oDesk itself. I just wanted to share with you this "pearl", because it made me laugh ^^"
“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
2 of 17
Ha ha... And I wish someone could predict the lottery numbers.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
3 of 17
Because if you could, you would be looking for work on oDesk.
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
4 of 17
:bigsmile:
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
5 of 17
What a peculiar ad.
Community Guru
6 of 17
...and what about this one: "Hello i need person who can pass the freelancer English test and pass it. please apply if you can do this with 100% pass." -.-
Richard Anderson C Member Since: May 13, 2013
7 of 17
Client may be a freelancer who would like someone to take the English test for his account, which is illegal. On topic: one of the requirements that I saw for a job posting was "HUNGRY." All caps. Didn't say what should the prospective contractor be hungry for. Might as well assume literal hunger.
Community Guru
8 of 17
Someone to translate in Hungarian?
Community Guru
9 of 17
Besides hunger, I really don't get why do clients write whole sentences in caps. It's like assuming that we're not able to read otherwise, isn't it? Or are they simply shouting out as if we were totally deaf? No clue, really.
Community Guru
10 of 17
It's because they are looking for freelancers who may not speak English very well, and if someone doesn't understand a language, SHOUTING will make them understand.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS