cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird oDesk work situation - need advice from someone who has kids

Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
1 of 3
I help a client out with her website, adding content and managing user submissions. I have admin access. My client was pregnant when she hired me. A couple of weeks before she was due, she left me to manage the site. I have gone about my work and not bothered her. She had posted on the website earlier this week, saying she'd had the baby. When I tried to log on the backend yesterday, my user name and password were not recognized. This is a problem that has occurred before, and the client was able to quickly fix it. My question now is - when do I contact her about the fact that I can't get onto the site to do work? I don't want to seem like a horrible, insensitive person by contacting her about website stuff when she is probably up all night with a newborn. (She has another child under two years old.) On the other hand, I don't want this to go on for too long, so she thinks I've abandoned the website (and my job). This is an hourly job using the time tracker, so I don't get paid if I don't do any work, so there is no money issue. The client and I have a very good working relationship. I am childfree, so I am clueless about this kind of thing. The client is in the US. I'm adding this because different cultures have different attitudes about women returning to work after pregnancy.
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
2 of 3
This may be strange coming from a guy and a non-american at that, but with your long standing relationship in all likelihood, though may not be able to respond right away she will understand your predicament. Of course initially asking about the baby, hows shes doing, the usual hope everything is a.o.k stuff are always a good intro.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
3 of 3
Thanks Reynaldo. Funny, I was just going to delete the post because I figured out how to fix the problem myself. (And no, I did not forget to turn off all caps Smiley Happy )
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS