Page options
nayem33397
Community Member

Well, this sucks

No bonuses for freelancers 😞

14 REPLIES 14
robin_hyman
Community Member

Bonus for what?  Some clients add a bonus if a freelancer goes above and beyond.  But it is up to their discretion.  I've been on the platform over a year and only one client has awarded me a bonus.  I obviously charged too little (I was a beginner).  

It is the Coffee Break section.

The original poster is joking about the fact that many employees receive end-of-the-year bonuses. But freelancers typically do not.

lysis10
Community Member

Md N wrote:

Yeah but we don't have to drag our drunk arses to work on Jan 2nd and complain that we have to work the last two days of the week. 😄

florydev
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Md N wrote:

Yeah but we don't have to drag our drunk arses to work on Jan 2nd and complain that we have to work the last two days of the week. 😄

Wait, we don't???

lysis10
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

Wait, we don't???

Hey where have you been ya ol' battleaxe?

florydev
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Wait, we don't???

Hey where have you been ya ol' battleaxe?

Hawaii!

Been very busy too, I have come in and lurked a bit but I have missed some good ones.

In Russia people officially drink till 10th Jan. And only I work today.

But I have my bottle of vodka at my laptop!

Aleksandr S wrote:

In Russia people officially drink till 10th Jan. And only I work today.

But I have my bottle of vodka at my laptop!

bruhhhhh I've been wasted like every day since around the 18th. I don't even like alcohol unless it's wine for dinner, but I'm in the country now. Can't wait until **Edited for Community Guidelines** here.

Mark F wrote:

Hawaii!

Been very busy too, I have come in and lurked a bit but I have missed some good ones.

Duuuude, HI is on my list of places to visit! Since I lived an hour from the Florida Keys, I never wanted to go but now the beach sounds sweeet. I hope you had fun.

For Mark and of course, for John ... then a stupendous Hau'oli Makahiki Hou.   

Wendy C wrote:

For Mark and of course, for John ... then a stupendous Hau'oli Makahiki Hou.   

Thanks Wendy but I came back just short of the New Year but I am still feeling Hawaii time and it is way too cold!

florydev
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Duuuude, HI is on my list of places to visit! Since I lived an hour from the Florida Keys, I never wanted to go but now the beach sounds sweeet. I hope you had fun.

How could I not?  It did not disappoint at all.  

lysis10
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

How could I not?  It did not disappoint at all.  

You missed some good dramz. Dementia is a hellavu drug let me tell you.  We've gone from 6 figure upworker to "I'm just gonna hire Upwork freelancers so I can lie about my income in their feedback to sell stuffs."

Jennifer M wrote:

Md N wrote:

Sometimes I miss that....

allpurposewriter
Community Member

"The original poster is joking about the fact that many employees receive end-of-the-year bonuses. But freelancers typically do not."

Just decided: I'm going to give myself a bonus this year -- I'd like to have the last laugh here.

Wait -- I just remembered who pays for my bonus. The heck with that. (However, from now on I'm going to have casual dress Fridays -- and Thursdays. And Mondays. And Tuesdays.) 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths