🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: What Kinds Of Stretches Do You Do After H...
Page options
qelerakis
Community Member

What Kinds Of Stretches Do You Do After Hours Of Work?

Our bodies aren't designed to sit for long periods of time, and I'm beginning to feel it again.

I used to do yoga and stretching, but I could never make a habit out of them. 

Do you have any tips or suggestions? 

6 REPLIES 6
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Because I have serious, serious back problems, I get up and walk around outside every hour for about 10 minutes.  Helps tremendously with the end of the day problems.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Stefan,

I can totally relate to not being able to make a habit out of working out or stretching! I love yoga but for years I could never do it consistently. However, this year me and a few of my friends decided to create a little accountability group. We do our exercises at home and then text the group to report back and remind others to do their daily exercise. We're on our third "30-days of yoga" challenge at this point! So yeah, I'd recommend getting into one of those "30 days of [exercise]" challenges with a couple of friends to support you and keep you on track. It worked very well for me!

~ Valeria
Upwork

My body isn't designed for stretching - more for bouncing ...

LOL @ Nichola

khuran8
Community Member

music with yoga helps to prevent headaches. it depends about how much you can listen. if you can sit and watching images, it help to understand your own being.

lysis10
Community Member

I walk 15000 steps (like 6.5 miles according to FitBit) and lift weights for an hour 5 days a week. Exercise is not my problem. My problem is I got too much time on my hands. I need a hobby of sorts. Went looking for classes to get one on one training in Spanish and can't find what I want. I want someone to talk to me for like 20-30 minutes at least 5 days a week so I learn conversation. I think I moved into the worst county possible in Atlanta.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths