cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your side hustles outside of Upwork?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Rachael O Member Since: May 25, 2016
1 of 24

Really interested to know if anyone has any other jobs/side hustles they do outside of Upwork? Personally I have a couple of blogs/website as well as a YouTube channel that I make a small amount of income from. I'm also looking to write a couple of books to generate some passive income. I'm always interested to hear other perspectives though!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
2 of 24

I have a (very) small writing agency that hasn't recieved much TLC for some time. I'm really just serving existing clients without focusing on expansion, despite expansion being my intention to begin with. I also have a website that I have barely touched in god know's how long.

I'm just so busy with my Upwork clients that I don't have time for anything else. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 24

When I lived in New Orleans, I worked as a background extra on films and TV shows.  Since moving to Biloxi, I've only done a couple.  Pay is terrible but it's a whole lot of fun (usually) and I get to use a different part of my brain.  I miss it a lot.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
4 of 24

I have applied to, and have provisionally been accepted for, the position of "grandmother" to one male and one female human.

Expected date of employment to begin on or around late May. Possibly sooner.

I understand that the financial remuneration is lousy, though.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
5 of 24

I have an etsy store and it was doing well but it was way too time consuming for the income it generated. I want to retool it though, and offer t-shirts and other graphic design services that don't need day to day creativity to maintain. I have zero time though because the virus has made book designers a valued commodity on Upwork.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Rachael O Member Since: May 25, 2016
6 of 24

Aww wow Janean that's fantastic! Congratulations!

Highlighted
Innocent M G Member Since: Mar 19, 2018
7 of 24

I do a few editorial and writing work outside Upwork besides maintaining two personal blogs.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Aziz U Member Since: Oct 30, 2018
8 of 24

I invest in the stock market on the side. It's not completely passive as I have to do research and keep up to date. I spend about 5-10 hours / week doing this.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Amber F Member Since: Mar 29, 2020
9 of 24

Such a good question Rachael, and interesting to see what others do!

After realizing my resume-writing skills need improving, I took them off my profile to focus on copywriting jobs. In the meantime, I joined the National Resume Writers' Association to take classes and get certified. I'm studying up now between Upwork jobs!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 24

re: "What are your side hustles outside of Upwork?"

I am a private dancer. A dancer for money.

I don't limit myself to any specific genre of dance. And any old music will do.

My goal is to make a million dollars and buy a place out by the sea.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS