cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your side hustles outside of Upwork?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
11 of 24

I party like it's 1999.

Highlighted
Catherine L Member Since: Dec 13, 2019
12 of 24

I tried that movie thing once, lonnng time ago (80s.) Was promised the thing was crap, was a tax write-off, so don't worry if you're bare-arsed in one scene, Cat. Nobody will ever know, Cat, and you'll make great money for the days rhat scene shoots. Plus, it will be fun.

Yeah. Never so bored in my life. Production was so cheap we ate the same catered food days in a row; many of us got the green apple quick-step. Including me. They did give me a short brown flip wig, to ensure nobody would ever find out I was in the thing. After all, it would go directly to drive-ins, they swore.

The flick's title was "Porkys."

A laugh a minute especially when some idiot called my (extremely syraight-laced, bible-belted) parents with, "Hey Bill! Saw Cat in Playboy and oh my goodness!" Lead balloon city.

Never did another flick: I did open a talent agency and cast the next two "Porky's." Oh, the tales I tell!

These days I own a whopper of a reality TV site, based on Big Brother of all things. 

Life is never boring.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 24

Catherine L wrote:

I tried that movie thing once, lonnng time ago (80s.) Was promised the thing was crap, was a tax write-off, so don't worry if you're bare-arsed in one scene, Cat. Nobody will ever know, Cat, and you'll make great money for the days rhat scene shoots. Plus, it will be fun.

Yeah. Never so bored in my life. Production was so cheap we ate the same catered food days in a row; many of us got the green apple quick-step. Including me. They did give me a short brown flip wig, to ensure nobody would ever find out I was in the thing. After all, it would go directly to drive-ins, they swore.

The flick's title was "Porkys."

A laugh a minute especially when some idiot called my (extremely syraight-laced, bible-belted) parents with, "Hey Bill! Saw Cat in Playboy and oh my goodness!" Lead balloon city.

Never did another flick: I did open a talent agency and cast the next two "Porky's." Oh, the tales I tell!

These days I own a whopper of a reality TV site, based on Big Brother of all things. 

Life is never boring.

Did you get to meet Hef? My god that would be awesome. Meeting Hef at the Playboy Mansion. That would be so cool. I've been watching Girls Next Door. I blew $90 of my NEETbux on the DVDs cuz you can't find it streaming anywhere but YouTube and some of the episodes are removed because female body parts are OMG CENSOR THEM.

Highlighted
Kristen H Member Since: Oct 21, 2018
14 of 24

Upwork is my side hustle. I use my Upwork monies to spend frivolously on myself and kids so that my husband cannot b***h at me for "buying stupid stuff that I dont need". Ironically he "needs" 5924 pairs of ugly dress socks that he can never find matches to. I work for DHS as a full time gig. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
15 of 24

I make jewellery and sell it at craft markets a couple of times a year. But I guess it's more of a hobby than a side hustle, since I probably spend more money on tools and materials than I actually earn. :-)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 24

Christine A wrote:

I make jewellery 

PHOTO please Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
17 of 24

Petra R wrote:

Christine A wrote:

I make jewellery 

PHOTO please Smiley Happy

PM'd you. :-)

Highlighted
Dana S Member Since: Feb 6, 2019
18 of 24

I Dj and i have an events agancy, ( Really pandemic friendly business I knowSmiley Happy.

But I don’t consider any a side hustle, I am invested in all, including Upwork, all the same importance.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
19 of 24

I own a health and beauty business (shut down during coronavirus period) and I make jewelry that I used to sell at craft markets but lately stock at the business.

I forgot to mention I am a licensed reiki practitioner as well. 

(Just when you thought you knew someone, eh?)

Highlighted
Syed S Member Since: Mar 21, 2020
20 of 24

I buy and sell digital assets, mobile apps and websites

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS