cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your side hustles outside of Upwork?

Syed S Member Since: Mar 21, 2020
21 of 34

I buy and sell digital assets, mobile apps and websites

Ace Contributor
Rachael O Member Since: May 25, 2016
22 of 34

Ahh, like what's on Flippa?

Syed S Member Since: Mar 21, 2020
23 of 34

Yes sometimes, I've been doing all this since 2008, so I know guys who know guys Smiley Happy 

Ace Contributor
Rachael O Member Since: May 25, 2016
24 of 34

If I may ask a question..... do you prefer Flippa over Go Daddy auctions?

Community Guru
John B Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
25 of 34

I keep myself within my skill and talent set, yet apply them to long-term projects. 

Within 30 days, an eco-educational text will be coming out. A nice 100-pager.   A three-year project has resulted in a 465-page, 126,000-word Novel. That one is scheduled for release in January 2021.

These are "side jobs" that are start-finish, can provide residual income, and are a pleasant integration into my business writing day.

Net. Pick a long-term project that will make you money.  Let your "side hustle" be strategic in nature, enjoy the ride, and make money with strategic time frames involved. Risk more, make more and let the daily work take care of the rent and food.

John.

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
26 of 34

John B wrote:

Pick a long-term project that will make you money.  Let your "side hustle" be strategic in nature, enjoy the ride, and make money with strategic time frames involved.

Bugger that. My PhD proposal has just been accepted and I've done most of the research for an historical biography since lockdown.  (I've also embroidered two cushions but that isn't interesting.)

I'm much too old to make it all about money.

Upwork is the side hustle from now on, especially as I have some work in a place that offers less headaches. I will be back to insist on being called 'doctor' though. 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
27 of 34

Congratulations Kim (on the acceptance).

Pics of the cushions? 

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
28 of 34

Nichola L wrote:

Congratulations Kim (on the acceptance).

Pics of the cushions? 

Thanks, Nichola.

Maybe later for pics... once they're less flat-looking :-)

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
29 of 34

I've recently discovered the beauty of vintage handstitched needlepoint, I free them from their boring old wooden frames and turn them into funky bags and pillows. If you'd like to see them in my Etsy shop, please PM me!

Adrian M Member Since: Oct 22, 2020
30 of 34

I am a professional luxury hotel concierge and cookbook author Smiley Wink

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS