cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do on your off time for fun?

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 44

I do gardening and horse stuff to relax on my off time. What do you do on your offtime for fun?

lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
2 of 44

Stuff? What exactly is "horse stuff"? Goes with the gardening, perhaps? lol.... Sorry, just kidding...had to ask.

Ron aka LanWanMan
natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
3 of 44

Stuff..
A word that is a proper subsitute for any other word. Present most often in one sided conversations, or when a conversation is running dry,the random insertion of "stuff" breaks the silence for as long as it takes to say the word.

A: Whacha been up to?
B: Eh, stuff.
A: Do anything cool this weekend?
B: Did some stuff.
A: Buy anything?
B: ...stuff.
Woman Very Happy

Urban Dictionary
suznee
Community Guru
4 of 44

@Ronald T wrote:

Stuff? What exactly is "horse stuff"? Goes with the gardening, perhaps? lol.... Sorry, just kidding...had to ask.

Ok you Smiley Tongue

Well since I have minis and a big horse, my horse stuff consists or horse back riding and driving my mini horse with his cart. So is how I used horse stuff...

I do gardening with horse stuff but prefer the goat stuff as it doesn't have to age like the horse stuff does he he .. 

lanwanman
Community Guru
5 of 44

Suzanne, sounds like a lot of fun. The only horse back riding I've ever done was on farm horses in West Virginia where by Father was from. It's something that I would like to do when I retire. They say Ocala is "The Horse Capital of the World" so I should be able to find a horse around here somewhere. A mini horse? They are pretty neat.

Ocala: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocala,_Florida

Ron aka LanWanMan
suznee
Community Guru
6 of 44

Driving is fun. So is riding. This is down the road from my house out for a drive.

lanwanman
Community Guru
7 of 44

Awesome, totally awesome! I was going to ask for images but thought it might have been too intrusive. Thanks for the pic. That's what "quality if life" is all about....

Ron aka LanWanMan
jolash
Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
8 of 44

This looks like loads of fun , but thruth be told , the first time I went horse riding ( by the beach) it was so bumpy and I felt real sore afterwards.

I am sure a lot of folks would pay top dollar for Virtual Horse rides ( Virtual Reality)  once they can be invented. Takers anyone ?

austrianlinguist
Ace Contributor
Alexandra H Member Since: Mar 7, 2015
9 of 44

...did some "horse stuff" collecting off the paddock today and finally managed to convince the neighbours that it's great for the rose beds. (I think the fact that they had a bumper crop of pumpkins on my muck heap did it!)
Caught the horse bug early in life and passionately outdoorsy now (riding, driving, breaking in youngsters). But I call it "health insurance". Having to go outside in all kinds of ghastly weather, muck out, lift heavy loads, etc. does wonders for your condition. And if you can sort a couple of unruly equines ... well, those unruly clients don't seem so daunting.

suznee
Community Guru
10 of 44

@Alexandra H wrote:
...did some "horse stuff" collecting off the paddock today and finally managed to convince the neighbours that it's great for the rose beds. (I think the fact that they had a bumper crop of pumpkins on my muck heap did it!)
Caught the horse bug early in life and passionately outdorsy now (riding, driving, breaking in youngsters). But I call it "health insurance". Having to go outside in all kinds of ghastly weather, muck out, lift heavy loads, etc. does wonders for your condition. And if you can sort a couple of unruly equines ... well, those unruly clients don't seem so daunting.

Alexandra,

Only a farm gal/guy would understand how it truly is health insurance to work with animals. Dealing with feeding no matter what the weather, broken fences, animals that are unruly really truly makes working with unruly clients seem so simple.

Working outside is very therapeutic, I try to break up my day by going out and doing something in the barn, mucking or watering or just petting the horses or goats. It really does wonders for a bad attitude.  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS