Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do with an afternoon off?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
1 of 36

Earlier this week, I delivered a big project that had been in progress since late December. Spent a couple days wrapping up other miscellany and lining up a couple of new things to launch next week, and realized I could close at lunchtime today. It's cold and windy outside, so I'm listening to the Sirius Mardi Gras radio station and getting ready to cook and can some figs. (5-6 gallons in the freezer from last summer that need to be processed)

What do you do when you manage to close early?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 36

Phyllis G wrote:

I cook something elaborate and more time consuming in large quantity so I can fill the freezer with real food in portions for those days I have no time.

Or I take dog out to the beach or the mountains. Where I live, it's possible to do both in one afternoon-

Or I do absolutely nothing which is delicious too!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
3 of 36

I take my unicorn out for a spin.

swim.jpg

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 36
Christine A wrote:

swim.jpg

I take my Jaguar (and Murphy the Spaniel) out for a spin

Jaguar.jpg

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
5 of 36

Petra R wrote:
Christine A wrote:

swim.jpg

Jaguar.jpg

Okay, you win. :-)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
6 of 36

Christine A wrote:

Petra R wrote:
Christine A wrote:

swim.jpg

Jaguar.jpg

Okay, you win. :-)

Oh, I call that a tie!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
7 of 36

Garden - at least, I will tomorrow. I have to prune my roses - everything is sprouting - and if I have the energy cut the grass. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
8 of 36

Phyllis G wrote:

Earlier this week, I delivered a big project that had been in progress since late December. Spent a couple days wrapping up other miscellany and lining up a couple of new things to launch next week, and realized I could close at lunchtime today. It's cold and windy outside, so I'm listening to the Sirius Mardi Gras radio station and getting ready to cook and can some figs. (5-6 gallons in the freezer from last summer that need to be processed)

I had a big planning meeting with a client in Westwood today, and decided afterwards that I was done for the afternoon. So in the beautiful LA weather of 70 degrees and sunny, I strolled over to the Grove, did some shopping, had some wine, then strolled back home. Some days when I'm done early or need a break, I stroll the other way to the art museum. It's not even a mile walk. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
9 of 36

Slightly off topic- or perhaps not...

Seeing Petra's Jaguar reminded me that when I retired from the car repair industry, the very last job I did before handing over my workshop to the new owner was replacing a 2-year-old Jaguar's engine. Here's hoping that Petra gets better mileage from the engine in her car!  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
10 of 36

I had several friends and neighbors in New Orleans who bought Jaguars.  Apparently, although jungle animals, Jaguars do not flourish in hot, humid climates.  Money pits.  But oh, so beautiful.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS