🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » What do you feel like when you have 6 connect...
Page options
johnchristopher2
Community Member

What do you feel like when you have 6 connects left!!!! XD

So, how does it make you feel looking at the 6 solitary finite connects you have left?

Are you the one that looks at them and goes "shhhhhh omg omg omg, this is so stressfull".

Or are you more of a "glass half full" person and look at them like they're the "golden goose"? the magical 6 connects you need to land your dream job?

I'm leaning towards "oh yeah <rubs hands>, these are special". Share 🙂 Would love to hear your thoughts on this subject.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
timefighter11
Community Member

John R. C wrote:

So, how does it make you feel looking at the 6 solitary finite connects you have left?

Are you the one that looks at them and goes "shhhhhh omg omg omg, this is so stressfull".

Or are you more of a "glass half full" person and look at them like they're the "golden goose"? the magical 6 connects you need to land your dream job?

I'm leaning towards "oh yeah <rubs hands>, these are special". Share 🙂 Would love to hear your thoughts on this subject.

For me, it is like winning a jackpot if I see an offer with it. I say , "So, finally it's time to sit back and relax till an invite is coming". 😉 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
moonraker
Community Member

I get more if I need to and don't give it a second thought. 

Although you could try lalochezia. 

Jamie F wrote:

Thank you! TIL a new word. Seems like I've been doing it for a long time without knowing the proper term for it. Ha!

Martina P wrote:

Jamie F wrote:

Thank you! TIL a new word. Seems like I've been doing it for a long time without knowing the proper term for it. Ha!

I learned it myself just a couple of days ago from Suzie Dent on Twitter. I've been waiting since for an opportunity to use it. 

Asa long as you lalocheze on this platform I guess that's okay

Martina P wrote:

Jamie F wrote:

I was disappointed to discover that its not a kind of Italian cheese.

Jamie F wrote:

Lol you made me go grab a dictionary for that?!

Ok, so you just recharge them. I do too, but this is about those last 6 connects and how we approach a bid. mentally that is. I do have to say that I put in too much emotion when I see an awesome job offer. I get all excited and then you don't even know if the proposal was read.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I think, *Oh, no, it doesn't feel like I'm getting enough work to have used them all up again* and start questioning my business model and then my entire existence. Three seconds later, I remember connects cost 15 cents each and I earn in the five figures on UW in a typical year. I buy more connects and round out the entire three-minute episode with some lalochezia.

Phyllis G wrote:

I think, *Oh, no, it doesn't feel like I'm getting enough work to have used them all up again* and start questioning my business model and then my entire existence. Three seconds later, I remember connects cost 15 cents each and I earn in the five figures on UW in a typical year. I buy more connects and round out the entire three-minute episode with some lalochezia.

If that word at least tried to sound a bit more appealing I can totally see how it could become a brand. Lalochezia it keeps you organized and stressfree. 

I have never been in that situation. Although I do know lalochezia. 

Amanda L wrote:

Well hopefully everybody in the coffee room can find some positivity 🙂 I went back up to 16 connects so the magic is gone for now. I need to find a way back to 6 connects if I want that same feeling again. The feeling where you apply to one job, because you can already see it as a great fit. I hope no-one misunderstands my post and takes it as me bashing the connects system. Was just some advice for newbies. Positivity.

John R. C wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

Well hopefully everybody in the coffee room can find some positivity 🙂 I went back up to 16 connects so the magic is gone for now. I need to find a way back to 6 connects if I want that same feeling again. The feeling where you apply to one job, because you can already see it as a great fit. I hope no-one misunderstands my post and takes it as me bashing the connects system. Was just some advice for newbies. Positivity.

I think the point, from more than one successful freelancer, was they don't give it a second thought because they know their business well enough to not fret about connects. 

schardo
Community Member

I have 22 connects leftover from last year, before they made us pay for them. I like the part-time work that rolls in via invites every few months when the algorithm fairy blesses me.

And honestly, I kinda just enjoy hoarding them like a dragon.

*Now off to google lalochezia*
a_lipsey
Community Member

Sarah C wrote:
I have 22 connects leftover from last year, before they made us pay for them. I like the part-time work that rolls in via invites every few months when the algorithm fairy blesses me.

And honestly, I kinda just enjoy hoarding them like a dragon.

*Now off to google lalochezia*

The Algo Fairy...it's like the tooth fairy, lol

robric
Community Member

Use them up. They are no use on the shelf. I have a membersip where I can buy more. Invest a little, get a lot back

timefighter11
Community Member

John R. C wrote:

For me, it is like winning a jackpot if I see an offer with it. I say , "So, finally it's time to sit back and relax till an invite is coming". 😉 

Hahaha that is funny. So you're glad you're done with them. I had 98 connects and felt like I needed to write some proposals just to get rid of them. So, yeah..... I think I get what you mean.

kinector
Community Member

I feel like I should be able to donate those 6 Connects to someone who needs them.... But still Upwork says "no" to donations. 😬
lysis10
Community Member

Mikko R wrote:
I feel like I should be able to donate those 6 Connects to someone who needs them.... But still Upwork says "no" to donations. 😬

If I could sell my connects, I'd be the Martin Shkreli of the connect system. I'd probably smirk too.

amiravax
Community Member

Last time when i was here, Proposal cost 2-4 connects 😄 It was a long tim ago 🙂

I regularly indulge in lalochezia..

Irene B wrote:

I regularly indulge in lalochezia..

Lol Irene - I have just spent the last 20 minutes looking this up. It seems to be too - um - over the top?  for many dictionaries. Dictionary.com is not so reticent! 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths