Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you feel like when you have 6 connects left!!!! XD

Ace Contributor
John R. C Member Since: Jan 30, 2017
11 of 17

Amanda L wrote:

I have never been in that situation. Although I do know lalochezia. 

Well hopefully everybody in the coffee room can find some positivity Smiley Happy I went back up to 16 connects so the magic is gone for now. I need to find a way back to 6 connects if I want that same feeling again. The feeling where you apply to one job, because you can already see it as a great fit. I hope no-one misunderstands my post and takes it as me bashing the connects system. Was just some advice for newbies. Positivity.

Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
12 of 17

John R. C wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

I have never been in that situation. Although I do know lalochezia. 

Well hopefully everybody in the coffee room can find some positivity Smiley Happy I went back up to 16 connects so the magic is gone for now. I need to find a way back to 6 connects if I want that same feeling again. The feeling where you apply to one job, because you can already see it as a great fit. I hope no-one misunderstands my post and takes it as me bashing the connects system. Was just some advice for newbies. Positivity.

I think the point, from more than one successful freelancer, was they don't give it a second thought because they know their business well enough to not fret about connects. 

Ace Contributor
Sarah C Member Since: May 12, 2019
13 of 17
I have 22 connects leftover from last year, before they made us pay for them. I like the part-time work that rolls in via invites every few months when the algorithm fairy blesses me.

And honestly, I kinda just enjoy hoarding them like a dragon.

*Now off to google lalochezia*
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
14 of 17

Sarah C wrote:
I have 22 connects leftover from last year, before they made us pay for them. I like the part-time work that rolls in via invites every few months when the algorithm fairy blesses me.

And honestly, I kinda just enjoy hoarding them like a dragon.

*Now off to google lalochezia*

The Algo Fairy...it's like the tooth fairy, lol

Ace Contributor
Richard F Member Since: Sep 9, 2009
15 of 17

Use them up. They are no use on the shelf. I have a membersip where I can buy more. Invest a little, get a lot back

Community Leader
Muhammad Zeeshan H Member Since: Dec 21, 2019
BEST ANSWER
16 of 17

John R. C wrote:

So, how does it make you feel looking at the 6 solitary finite connects you have left?

Are you the one that looks at them and goes "shhhhhh omg omg omg, this is so stressfull".

Or are you more of a "glass half full" person and look at them like they're the "golden goose"? the magical 6 connects you need to land your dream job?

I'm leaning towards "oh yeah <rubs hands>, these are special". Share Smiley Happy Would love to hear your thoughts on this subject.

For me, it is like winning a jackpot if I see an offer with it. I say , "So, finally it's time to sit back and relax till an invite is coming". Smiley Wink 

View solution in original post

Ace Contributor
John R. C Member Since: Jan 30, 2017
17 of 17

For me, it is like winning a jackpot if I see an offer with it. I say , "So, finally it's time to sit back and relax till an invite is coming". Smiley Wink 

Hahaha that is funny. So you're glad you're done with them. I had 98 connects and felt like I needed to write some proposals just to get rid of them. So, yeah..... I think I get what you mean.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS