🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » What is the purpose of this life?
Page options
ad79f68c
Community Member

What is the purpose of this life?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Khizar,

To love God and others.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
346b8566
Community Member

Basic human knowledge doesn't allow us to clearly understand the meaning of life, I normally live by the slogan that LIFE IS FOR THE LIVING, ENJOY EVERY BIT OF IT.

Thank you, Rosalyn. Somebody around here is thinking clearly.

Don't you guys understand that intelligence comes with the ability to ask questions without answers? The meaning of life? Since when is life supposed to mean something? You guys are haunted by existential angst. This is a condition that comes from having too much time on your hands.

I agree with you, idle minds especially, get haunted by lots of life wonders that we definitely don't have control over like existential angst. I personally allow my life to flow and only control what I can.

spxpert
Community Member

Every living soul on this planet is here for a purpose,  there is no one purpose that's generic for everyone.

asi8
Community Member

For me it's to first understand why I'm here and secondaly living the rest accordingly. and I'm on second.

bf97c28c
Community Member

Hi, Khizar. This is such a deep question. I do not know. I like to achieve daily purposes. Maybe it's

ad79f68c
Community Member

One can make the distinction between Meaning and Purpose, Flowing and Resisting, Thinking and Understanding, and Daily Goals and Life's purpose.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Khizar,

To love God and others.

'Love God' is a nice phrase, but - no one can explain what it means.

rafikdz
Community Member

Being satisfied with what you provide to people (psychological comfort)

de899519
Community Member

Life is a very short journey full of ups n downs the weapon of life is patience only and only patience 🙏🏻 💓 

0606ee33
Community Member

Find myself 

Enjoy and happy my life with important humans 

Before we die,we should stay the happiest person in our own life

allpurposewriter
Community Member

There is no purpose to life, clearly ... but many people pretend there is a purpose (God) and that can be very cool and very purposeful. To pretend there is a purpose to life is to find one and by doing that, by looking for a purpose in life, people often stumble upon mental structures (religion and morals and such) that help the world of living things become more compatible. On the other hand, history tells us that many mental structures (religions) drive hatred and violence. Show me a religion that didn't lash out at another? Hard to find, really. 

But pretending there's a purpose (God wants us to be on our best behavior) can be a useful thing. But that's different from a purpose. That is to say, people behaving well is a good thing, in my opinion, but people deluding themselves into believing there's a God is not the definition of  a purpose.

The definition of a purpose implies there's a plan and what we know about the universe has zero evidence or even a hint of evidence or the suggestion of a hint of evidence that the universe has the capcity to formulate a willful purpose.

Interesting take, Anthony. Appreciate the insight.

It's fascinating how terms like 'God' and 'religion' have been bastardized over time such that present accepted definitions only serve to create confusion and misdirection. Almost seems intentional.

Ask anyone to define 'God'. You'll hear a confident regurgitation so inaccurate as to defy logic and reason. We can't help it. We've been programed.

There's a certain 'theory' which says that reality came into being incrementally, initiated by the random, spontaneous combustion of utter nothingness.

This 'theory' falls short - however - when we see that reality invariably operates on 'systems', where dependencies and components must be ready and available for use as needed. Systems don't self-assemble and develop over time. They're designed, then built, and must run properly the first time, or - they never run at all.

It's the 'purpose' of systems to fulfill their design, which alone ensures that 'purpose' exists. Ironically enough, it is those who are most threatened by this who seek their safety in bastardizing the meanings of terms.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths