🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » What music do you listen to when you're worki...
Page options
devynmckillop
Community Member

What music do you listen to when you're working?

What is everyones go-to music for when you need to bang out some stuff? Mine is normally metal-core! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kbadeau
Community Member

I have a spotify playlist with about a billion songs in it so I don't get bored, because I listen all day every day, but I'll also just start from a song that I like and see where spotify takes me to try to find some new stuff. On really bad days I'll throw on some classical music to calm my nerves.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
kbadeau
Community Member

I have a spotify playlist with about a billion songs in it so I don't get bored, because I listen all day every day, but I'll also just start from a song that I like and see where spotify takes me to try to find some new stuff. On really bad days I'll throw on some classical music to calm my nerves.

Yep, I've got a few Spotify playlists I've set up just for that purpose, so I can just hit shuffle and let it play all day. Other than that, I have my daily mixes, and a few go to playlists I return to regularly. Genre wise, I'm all over the place haha, but I do like Spotify's alt rock playlists, like Alt Now and the New Alt, quite a bit.

d78dd7a4
Community Member

I like Pop Music, variatly for general I use local radio. 

ArjayM

Hi Valued Members,

Thank you for bringing this topic here in the Community. I'm positive this is going to be an exciting and interesting topic. It never gets old listening to motivational pieces of music from a variety of artists to boost your confidence while working. Some tracks from my favorite artist Eminem (Especially "Lose Yourself" and "Guts over fear") and "I'm still standing" by Elton John are mostly being repeated. LoL

Looking forward to seeing what other members may have to share on this one. Stay safe everyone!

~ Arjay
Upwork
kbadeau
Community Member

I saw a commercial the other day (I think; I can't figure out how else I would have heard this song), and I thought to myself, that's Eminem (My Name Is). Turns out it was the song he samples in it. Not sure if links are allowed... the song is British singer Labi Siffre's 1975 track "I Got The..."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiVt_OI7f79A...

c2e4cca6
Community Member

Usually depends on the type of story or scripts I am writing, I have a entire Youtube playlist of 90s Alternative Rock and Hardcare metal I play when I get into writing horror stories and thrillers for a client. 🙂 

f53cd21c
Community Member

Hi Devyn,

Wow that's a tricky one to answer so many but rock/alternative on one day and classical/jazz on another day - wishing everybody success!

21c51ba9
Community Member

Usually i listen to brazilian music. Some of my favorite artists are: Caetano Veloso, Gilberto Gil, Jorge Ben Jor, Gal Costa, Elsa Soares and others.

Sometimes I like to listen my "Discovery weekly"   playlist, Spotfy always suggest good musics for me

allpurposewriter
Community Member

When I'm working, zip, nothing.

Writing for 40 years ... it still demands my full attention. Having said that, I could probably write a story on a subway train, where the noise is irrelevant. But music is designed to get your attention. That's kind of the point of any music that's worthwhile. So, nope ... there's no such thing as background music in my collection.

6fe3b65c
Community Member

It depends on my current mood. I listen to different genders, from reggaeton to punk. 😄 Lately, I have been listening to these guys. It's a Spanish punk band, that I found by accident, searching for something else on YouTube. And I just loved them. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOxC2h3pcRc&list=RDMM&index=4

clareofassisi
Community Member

I play coral reef/nature videos. 

They often have a calming piano track 

bf97c28c
Community Member

Hi. Im listning to "Ocean Elza" by Vacarchuk. Ukrainian rock singer. Do you know him?

mahkintaro
Community Member

ROCK, ALTERNATIVE, METAL, but I am more of a PODCAST guy who recently listened to True Crime, Unsolved, Cold Cases, Horror, and Mystery.

c19344a9
Community Member

Fransisco Tarrega's classical guitar compositions most of the time.

riabiswas2021
Community Member

I usually listen to Pink Floyd, Guns and roses, Paul Anka, Cyndi Lauper. 

n_pudikova
Community Member

Vivaldi, over and over and over. 

0872dd6e
Community Member

I have an offline playlist and I play it every time I'm working. Since the plan is not to get distracted, I don't listen lyrical songs but traditional or classic pops and instrumental songs to continue my word with calm. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths