cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happend with Upwork?

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
11 of 14

I recognize these posts from Jennifer, Mark, Tiffany as unofficial Upwork statement.

You shouldn't, none of us work for Upwork, we are just giving our opinion.  

Upwork is not interested in clients like me and doing nothing to protect my interests.

You can read client section in this forum, with very sad stories there, about another client lost their money, and Upwork did nothing about it. But in every single thread you’ll see the same persons like in my post protecting Upwork and trolling the topic starter… Really, is it wise PR?

I strongly believe, when company, even unofficially, tells clients that they are not good enough this is the beginning of the end of this one company.

It's an open community and people can say what they want within the rules and if the mods can, and will, shut them down.  Upwork, I suspect, would never directly tell you that you are a client they don't want, but it's foolish to think there are not clients they don't want.

For example, you are a client I do not want so I feel comfortable telling you that the way you see your Upwork experience is, in my opinion, wrong.  Upwork is nothing more than an intermediary that helps you find freelancers.  It is ultimately your job to vet them and prove their work.  You can't expect every hire to go right in this situation just as you couldn't if you were hiring someone local.

You seem to, in particular, to be upset with TR Freelancers being able to expunge a bad review but they can only do it infrequently and they, presumibly, got to TR by satisfying customers.  Why should they be inordinately punished for one bad experience?  If they have a pattern of bad work then they will lose their rating and eventually find it very hard to impossible to find work.

As to what I actually said when I was supposidly "trolling" you, I said that the amount of money each of these jobs is worth is quite small to upwork.  Even though you have spent $10k over time, the cost of supporting each of those jobs is the same as a job that was worth $10k alone.  It seems quite reasonable to me that Upwork would prefer more of the latter than the former.

Ace Contributor
Jonathan H Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
12 of 14

As to what I actually said when I was supposidly "trolling" you, I said that the amount of money each of these jobs is worth is quite small to upwork.  Even though you have spent $10k over time, the cost of supporting each of those jobs is the same as a job that was worth $10k alone.  It seems quite reasonable to me that Upwork would prefer more of the latter than the former.

Though with the cost of connects and the amount of proposals now being made on each job Upwork may have just doubled the income for them from this one job (not that they are selling connects to make money of course)

Emil T Member Since: Mar 17, 2016
13 of 14

We can discus here but taxes become higer and higer with every ugrade and we can only agree or leave 

as in the song of Metallica "Sad but true " 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_4OfD-wmGs

coupon continues from our account

Bharat G Member Since: Aug 1, 2019
14 of 14

Yeah, very well said Pjotr, but why always go to Top freelancer. there's plenty of fresh and new freelancers to go with who are strugling daily to get jobs. And believe me they have more energy and positivity to finish your projects.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS