Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck is gruel anyway?

Community Leader
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
11 of 22

Mark F wrote:
The mods deleted it so I think they did. Good call though.

They're going to have to delete another soon.

Btw, what does it mean: my title says "Ace Contributor"? 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
12 of 22

Amanda L wrote:

Mark F wrote:
The mods deleted it so I think they did. Good call though.

They're going to have to delete another soon.

Btw, what does it mean: my title says "Ace Contributor"? 

It means you posted a lot. Keep that up and you will become a community leader and later a community guru. Untold riches associated with that!

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
13 of 22

What?  We are just discussing what gruel is, nothing wrong with that.

Community Leader
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
14 of 22
I didn't mean this one. Smiley Happy
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
15 of 22

Amanda L wrote:

**edited for Community Guidelines**

That leads to a very serious question that I haven't seen addressed anywhere yet: What happens to our kudos when a thread gets closed by the mods? Do they stay in our records where they keep track of "Top Kudoed Members"? What if the kudos you earn on a particular thread help you rise from leader to guru, then that thread gets zapped? Do you get to keep your guru hat? What about the people who awarded the kudos? Do they get their kudos back? FLs' time is valuable, and forum participation represents enormous investments that we make with the understanding of receiving certain benefits in return. If we find it's just smoke and mirrors, what does that mean? Is this potentially fraudulent? Should we call the SEC? Would they answer? Can I trade in some kudos for a coffee mug?

Community Guru
16 of 22

For half a second I was thinking...why does she care about kudos!

I think you are right that is the thread I was thinking of.

Community Guru
17 of 22

If you lose your kudos Upwork will stop awarding  you projects.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
18 of 22

Phyllis G wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

Did they zap the one titled "Client quality is going downhill fast"? This morning I had email notices that I received several kudos for my comments on that thread but when I try to look at it, access is denied. I go to the forum and can't find it anywhere.

That leads to a very serious question that I haven't seen addressed anywhere yet: What happens to our kudos when a thread gets closed by the mods? Do they stay in our records where they keep track of "Top Kudoed Members"? What if the kudos you earn on a particular thread help you rise from leader to guru, then that thread gets zapped? Do you get to keep your guru hat? What about the people who awarded the kudos? Do they get their kudos back? FLs' time is valuable, and forum participation represents enormous investments that we make with the understanding of receiving certain benefits in return. If we find it's just smoke and mirrors, what does that mean? Is this potentially fraudulent? Should we call the SEC? Would they answer? Can I trade in some kudos for a coffee mug?

I say, every newbie gets 20 free kudos when their profile is approved. 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
19 of 22

Gruel? isn't that what lolcows eat?

On Internet forums?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
20 of 22

@ René --

Gruel is the accepted food that is offered to naughty forum posters, children, and lolcows who misbehave while Mommy and Daddy are gone, and who are then punished by being sent to bed without any proper dinner.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS