Adobe gave me a full subscription of their Document Cloud and Creative Suite for a year. It was like xmas when they gave it to me. That was happy times.
I have the A+ and MCSE from like... late 1990s? LOL That'll age me. I was a secretary making $8/hour and decided to sweet talk my way into a sweet AT&T gig doing network admin stuff. I thought for sure I would get fired once they figured out I had no idea what I was doing. LOL I lasted for 3 years until the .com bust.
I've been made redundant plenty of times. Meh. Programming is great, but you're the first to go. "Dem **bleep** expensive devs gotta go!"
Took me a while to make money and I burned through my savings, but one day it just clicked.
Painful breakup - eh, still not over it. 2 weeks before valentine's and we had plans. Worst of my life, but avoiding humans is basically my plan. Aside from people wanting to chat with me.
Today's chat was
Him: How much do you charge?
Him: Wow you charge like a lot of money
Me: Umm, you call that a lot of money?
LOL Not sure I'm winning that one.
Its nice to see positive and grateful comments like this among negative ranting complaining threads that fulfill the community today. Besides our rant and curse towards the platform I think this is nice to be grateful a little bit
oDesk anyway has feed me a lot of jobs, a lot more than my peers (in the same age) has gotten through local jobs in same field with me (design and multimedia). I wonder why they dont want to be a freelancer instead.
1. The salary is 3-4 times local studios (design)
2. No need transportation and fuel
3. Wake up at 10- the earliest
4. Clients here appreciate our works better than local clients or boss at offices/studio. When we have done a design, they always (most of the time) give us simple compliments like "Good job!" "I love it" "Great work" "Im impressed". Just little things but that kind of words really encourage us to do even better and better, to keep clients satisfied, etc
5. We can choose what we want to do or not to do. While in the office/local studio you sometimes has to do your colleagues' unfinished works just because you work faster than him. The deadline is near so please help him to finish his job. For. Free.
6. No overtime. Believe it or not, in my country there are still a lot company that dont give overtime wages. "tomorrow is the deadline so please work until 1 am today plz.For free.Plz"
7. Feedback. you wont get written feedback at your local studios. The joy of reading nice feedback from satisfied clients never fails to make me proud hahaha
8.USD is increasing and counting towards my country currency...so yeahh