🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » When will the app version of upwork community...
Page options
aitringo
Community Member

When will the app version of upwork community be available ?

As an Expert in business analytics and digital growth, I can assure that having an app will greatly increase the frequency of visits from all the contributors, the people who made this chemistry possible, which I can only admire.

And as a huge consumer of community platforms, I found myself no longer connecting to the UW community simply because of the lack of an app. Unlike other platforms that I connect to several times a day.

So I wonder if a dedicated community app is planned in the future, if not, it would at least have a catalytic effect, which will push to think about this topic.

Thank you all, and keep it up, you are doing a huge job, so huge that I didn't hesitate to talk about you in my local radio, to encourage all the young tallentuous and business clients to come and join us 🙏

8 REPLIES 8
2a05aa63
Community Member

The forum is more of a support. People come when they have issues and leave once they get their answer. Coffee break is the only place people talk about stuff and it's like 1-2 posts per day. There's no need for an app. I wouldn't use it. Typing on a keyboard is much better than on a phone.

aitringo
Community Member

Hi Viacheslav, Thanks for responsiveness, really appreciate it ! 

Just to be clear, when I talk about the community, I mean by that, coffy break, the freelancer, client and agency part of course. I totally agree that the coffy break alone will not be of any interest.

On the other hand, having an app will simply add a 2nd channel of use, instead of limiting it to 1 and only. (as we have now) 

Also, the interest I see for an app is more to facilitate access to contributors. Temporary users will mostly use the main channel that we have now (Web).
But old contributors are getting rarer and rarer, simply because of the difficulty of access. I base this on :

+ my experience

+ studies I conducted on a very similar subject

+ and the difference in terms of attendance of old contributors I saw 3 years ago compared to today.

I ment that coffee break is the only place where people communicate. All the other categories are 99% questions asking for some kind of support.

Viacheslav K wrote:

I ment that coffee break is the only place where people communicate. All the other categories are 99% questions asking for some kind of support.

Yes I understand perfectly what the other categories are for. And it is for these that I lift the veil on the interest of the app. 

Why would people download an app to ask one question and never comeback? There's like 10-15 active users that are regulars.

I like our differences, it is in differences of opinion that great ideas are forged. 

So to answer you my friend: I've made it clear that it's more for the contributors, the old ones who are becoming more and more absent. (and at the same time, avoiding fresh ones to disapear) 

Also I return the question with a data that I have not yet mentioned:

Q. why in your opinion the top contributor of the month currently has 50 and some kudos, while 3 years ago it was around 300 - 400 and more?

From my experience a strategic measure is never relevant at a glance, the parameters are always indirect and much more complex than that. 🤯

didn't upwork raise the fees 3 years ago so there were a lot of users coming to the forum to complain about it and liking posts of people who were complaining?

People don't disappear because there's no phone app. The forum is boring and 99% are people asking the same question over and over again.

Viacheslav K wrote:

didn't upwork raise the fees 3 years ago so there were a lot of users coming to the forum to complain about it and liking posts of people who were complaining?

People don't disappear because there's no phone app. The forum is boring and 99% are people asking the same question over and over again.

No, I disagree, we cannot equate a single historical fact with all the harmony that existed 3 or 4 years ago, for years, especially since all the most successful contributors have never taken a position on such a controversy

To jump to assumptions on this subject, based on a single historical fact, can only lead to a biased and erroneous conclusion.

I can only disagree with your position

Latest Articles
Learning Paths