🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Who am I anyway?
Page options
a_lipsey
Community Member

Who am I anyway?

Anyone else noticing this? 

Screen_Shot_2020-10-02_at_11.18.11_pm.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Amanda L wrote:

Let's all be Wes for Halloween. 

Ah come on, that was my costume!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
a_lipsey
Community Member

2020-10-02.png

Yes, I noticed. I assume that you're looking for reactions other than "highly amused", though? 😄

Christine A wrote:

Yes, I noticed. I assume that you're looking for reactions other than "highly amused", though? 😄

Highly amused or other funny comments are welcome. It's Friday, I need a laugh. 

Wes and Mike are looking really good these days. Smiley LOL

lysis10
Community Member

hahaha I was Wes earlier too!

Wes is a little hacker troll tryina mess with us.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

lysis10
Community Member

Amanda L wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Oooh ideas for halloween and forum posts. hmmmmm

Amanda L wrote:

Ah come on, that was my costume!

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Amanda and others,

We also noticed it earlier today and have already filed a report with our developers to get it investigated and fixed.

I have a question though, do you only see names incorrectly in the New to Upwork section or in all areas of the Community? We could only replicate it when in the New to Upwork. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Amanda and others,

We also noticed it earlier today and have already filed a report with our developers to get it investigated and fixed.

I have a question though, do you only see names incorrectly in the New to Upwork section or in all areas of the Community? We could only replicate it when in the New to Upwork. 

Hi Valeria, I only noticed it in New to Upwork. I was hoping for more laughs in the other sections, but I was unable to replicate it. 

slavkoa
Community Member

bug.png

When i open this link.

Screenshot_2020-10-04 Ask a question - Upwork Community.png
My user name get changed.

yitwail
Community Member

Thanks slavko, that's really cool. Here's mine Robot wink
Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 1.53.46 PM.png

Thank you John K for confirming a bug.
Hope someone else will try this to be sure.

BUG RESULTS: 2 of 2.

For now.

a_lipsey
Community Member

I'm Mark F too! 

2020-10-03 (2).png

slavkoa
Community Member

Thank you Amanda L for testing this.
BUG RESULTS: 3 of 3.

Bug is only found in New-to-UpWork there is a back end issue and possibly small security threat.

lucioric
Community Member

I was also Mark Smiley Very Happy but now my name appears. Although, my user ID continues appearing, when loading the page, instead of my full profile name.

Hi Lucio,

I apologize for the confusion the issue you experienced created. I checked your support ticket and can confirm the erroneous name you were seeing was indeed caused by the issue discussed on this thread, which has been addressed as Valeria shared. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I have raised a ticket last week that I saw an incorrect name after opening a post in Upwork community. The staff said me to clean cookies, and i did, but i heven't tested again in the specific URL that gave the error. If some of you Upwork staff check my ticket, perhaps the error that I detected is related to the bug exposed here.

Best regards.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Amanda L wrote:

I'm just glad I was finally promoted to upwork employee, that's a long time coming. Waiting for the big bucks to roll in for all my helpful advice. 

Martina P wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

I'm just glad I was finally promoted to upwork employee, that's a long time coming. Waiting for the big bucks to roll in for all my helpful advice. 

Did you hire 40 designers to do that for you?

Jennifer M wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

Did you hire 40 designers to do that for you?

I did. Preston said always hire more than 1.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

The issue has been addressed and everybody should see their own names again in the New to Upwork section. If you notice something odd with the way names are displayed again, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Umm, Valeria... (It appears to be happening in the freelancer's section only) 

Wes C.png

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for flagging! I went ahead and fixed it, could you please check if it's showing correctly for you as well?

Just a little background information on this issue - we know why this happens and have a workaround to fix it temporarily when it does. However, as you can see, it's only temporary and we are working on a permanent fix. We'll get the fix implemented as soon as possible and appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

It seems OK now, thanks. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths