cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who chooses "Best Answer" in a forum thread?

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
1 of 12

I posted this thread a short while back: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Personalized-Profile-Review-Top-Rated-Program/td-p/86952

As you can see, Diana C's reply has been selected as the Best Answer (she works for Upwork). However, I never chose her reply as the best, and it's my understanding that the OP chooses the best answer. 

Then in this post: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Events-Announcements/Welcome-to-the-Top-Rated-Community/m-p/87282/hi...

David G says he can see the option to select "Best Answer", even though he's not the OP. 

Is this a bug or has the forum changed so that ANYBODY can choose the best answer, even if it's irrelevant?

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
2 of 12

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:

Then in this post: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Events-Announcements/Welcome-to-the-Top-Rated-Community/m-p/87282/hi...

David G says he can see the option to select "Best Answer", even though he's not the OP. 

Is this a bug or has the forum changed so that ANYBODY can choose the best answer, even if it's irrelevant?

That has disappeared now and I don't see it anymore. It seemed to have just been that one time.

Community Guru
3 of 12

It's strange though, and I'd really like to know who selected the best answer for my thread. Because if it's not a bug (and I don't think it is), it's pretty rude of someone to choose a best answer for someone else's thread.

I hope mods can clarify.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
4 of 12

Hi Isabelle,

The Top Rated forum was not originally configured with the "Best Answer" option hidden for only those who start the thread. This is what may have caused an issue at the beginning of the week, this has been changed as of yesterday. I'm sorry for the confusion. I am unable to see who marked your thread as "best answer" but it should now be set to only mods and thread owners. 

Let me know if you experience any issues with this.

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
5 of 12

Thanks Lena for getting back to me. I am still unable to choose a best answer for my thread (the option/button is not visible to me). I guess then a mod selected the best answer, which is unfortunate because the chosen one wasn't the best.

This is not an urgent problem, but it would be nice to get it fixed.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
6 of 12

Isabelle,

I will look into this so that we have the correct settings. You can select "Best Answer" on your threads here, just not in the Top Rated forum, right?

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
7 of 12
Thanks Lena, that's nice of you. Yesterday I couldn't see the button on this thread either, but today it's there. However, this is the thread where I can't see the button (the one I posted in the Freelancers section - I was never able to see the button, and someone else chose "Best Answer"): https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Personalized-Profile-Review-Top-Rated-Program/td-p/86952
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 12

Hi Isabelle,

Are you able to see the Accept button on that thread now?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
9 of 12
Indeed I am! Thank you!
Community Guru
10 of 12
Since you guys were so effective at getting this fixed, I'd like to raise another bug/issue if you don't mind Smiley Happy

In the Post Options in the top right corner of any of my posts, I click the down arrow icon and try to scroll through the options, but as soon as I do that, the drop-down menu disappears. This has been going on since the forums were relaunched. Not an urgent issue, but thought you should know. Hope I explained it properly.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS