🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Why Client do this?
Page options
slavkoa
Community Member

Why Client do this?

They make general description of job , and say in chat will explain more.
Why they do this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
florydev
Community Member

Something like that I have no idea, that is way too general.  I would never even consider wasting a connect on that.  I wouldn't even send a proposal on it if it was free or I was given an invite.  I wouldn't even do it if they paid me to propose on it.

But sometimes when there is a bit more to go on I think it is because the client doesn't want to waste the time writing it out or are fearful that someone will steal their idea.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
florydev
Community Member

Something like that I have no idea, that is way too general.  I would never even consider wasting a connect on that.  I wouldn't even send a proposal on it if it was free or I was given an invite.  I wouldn't even do it if they paid me to propose on it.

But sometimes when there is a bit more to go on I think it is because the client doesn't want to waste the time writing it out or are fearful that someone will steal their idea.

slavkoa
Community Member

Mark you are right do not spend on this ever ,  i just have to spend a 2 conect on this to see and i found why, they will send you automatic mesage link to gdrive with virus.

If it's really a virus in an attachment and the job is a scam, isn't Upwork going to return spent connects after flagging it?

Hi Slavko,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I sent the job post to our team for investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Slavko A wrote:

They make general description of job , and say in chat will explain more.
Why they do this?

Lazy?

cartrellgeneral
Community Member

Some are trying to dodge being flagged by Upwork. They know the job would get them flagged so instead of going into detail on Upwork and risk being flagged, they will tell you about the job when you talk to them. The problem for them now is initial communications need to go through Upwork.

This is typical of jobs that turn out to be academic fraud.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths