cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Upwork's stock price is falling continuously ?

Kostya B Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
1 of 22

Who can explain why upwk stock quote falling trend is so continuous ? It's kind a discouraging how weakly the upwk performs. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 22

It is not discouraging to me because I don't follow Upwork's stock price.

3 of 22

The reason behind this discouragement is that analysts base their future value of a company on their earnings projection.
If a company's results surprise (are better than expected), the price jumps up. If a company's results disappoint (are worse than expected), then the price will fall.

That being said, the principal theory is that the price movement of a stock indicates what investors feel a company is worth. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 22

re: "The reason behind this discouragement is that analysts..."

Are you sure that is the reason?

I think the reason for the discouragement is that you are looking up the stock price. Something I have never done.

I put gas into a car and drive around town, but I don't look up Exxon's stock price.

5 of 22

exxon.pngupwork.png

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
6 of 22

While I concur with Preston that one should not drive one-self crazy with looking up stock-prices all the time, I have to say, wow, that's shockingly low. Are they going to junk this soon?

Community Guru
John B Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
7 of 22

Upwork will not go to junk any time soon.  They will do what is necessary to increase earnings per share given some of the mix of metrics they have at their disposal.  We may not like the answer.  The CEO currently reports to the Board of Directors.  Not us.

I predict now is a very, very good time to invest in Upwork. 

Personally, I enjoy carrying the shares. I like owning part of the company I effectively work for and playing for the mid-term, meaning 2022 to 2024 is likely to be a winner.  It tends to always work well when one sits inside the company and can see the internal mechanics.

Upwork has cleared out its competitors, stands head-and-shoulders above other platforms in terms of number of clients, contractors, work volumes, and technology.  It should be over quickly and cleanly, mid-term share price trajectory and value increase.

Just an opinion.  As I said. I enjoy owning a part of a company I essentially work for.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 22

I have some creepto "trader" in my discord and my god I now understand why everyone made fun of forex traders back in the early 2000s. They all claim to be so well off and making so much money, but then they are so unhinged and mentally unstable. lol

Part of me wants to get into stocks and go read a book, but the other part of me just watches people into stocks and thinks "poooyuck I prefer to be chill."

9 of 22

A company's stock price can fluctuate over time, and it often boils down to a matter of supply and demand. If a company proves itself capable of generating long-term earnings and growth, it can become more appealing to investors, and when this happens, it may see more buyers clamoring to purchase its stock. When a company's stock experiences high demand, its price is typically driven up.

On the flipside, if a company shows signs of financial deterioration, it may prompt shareholders to sell off their stocks, thus reducing demand. When there's an increased supply of a company's stock and a lower demand, the stock price will usually fall.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 22

They just need to hire Elon Musk. That guy is such a chad.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS