cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Upwork's stock price is falling continuously ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
21 of 50

Since I indicated I enjoy owning stock, and since it seems possible to probable someone will jump on me about stock investments in a stock price that is going down.  They are called "puts".  It was obvious to see with the creaking up of our fees, the massive investment program Upwork engaged in in FY2018/early-90, this firm was going to have profit problems.  Hence.  Puts.

You people live inside a company.  That is the best source of investor information on this planet.  All along, you were seeing Upwork struggling to meet all their objectives, struggling to consolidate, grow.  All of the problems you daily reference.   All along, the answer has been obvious.  Puts until the stock bottoms out, which it probably has in terms of relative potential gains from the put strategy.  Now it is simply a  time period to observe the new CEO, track quarterly earnings projects, match to actuals, and get a "feel" for how the company is clicking along."

All along, you were living inside a company.  The most valuable way to understand it and great news.  Since we are not employees the information we can see -- and experience.  Is free for us to use as we see fit on the investment side.

So we can bypass clinks and clunks associated with the joy of investing in this company. Put strategy for 1-1/2 years and the share price trajectory obviously indicates how pleasant that was.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
22 of 50

Kostya B wrote:

Who can explain why upwk stock quote falling trend is so continuous ? It's kind a discouraging how weakly the upwk performs. 

Though there are obviously other factors and the decline started earlier, the fact that California has effectively outlawed a huge swath of freelancing work and the federal government in the U.S. is currently attempting to outlaw an even broader swath and do so across the country can't be helping estimates of Upwork's potential future value. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
23 of 50

I know I'm not alone in wondering why some gurus take their words and the title to the point of excruciating boredom ....

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
24 of 50

Wendy C wrote:

I know I'm not alone in wondering why some gurus take their words and the title to the point of excruciating boredom ....

Dunning-Kruger effect.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
25 of 50

Wendy C wrote:

I resemble that remark

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
26 of 50

LOL ... and NO, you don't, Mark.   Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
27 of 50
"Writer's write".

My word count plays poorly on this Forum because (a) this is the first
social media platform that is snippet-based in communication style within
which I have participated and (b) I am accustomed to writing 400, 500, 800,
1000-word thought-capital-class pieces by the nature of my career.

On the good news side, I can sell 400, 500, 800, 1000-word
thought-capital-class pieces for a heck of a lot more than I can sell
30-word social media posts.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
28 of 50
On the good news side, I can sell 400, 500, 800, 1000-word
thought-capital-class pieces for a heck of a lot more than I can sell
30-word social media posts.

You think the upwork community is social media?  That doesn't sound right to me although I bet somewhere out on the webs there is someone arguing that a forum is social media, I don't think it is.

I think this is a place for discussion (and arguments perhaps a bit of childish antics) but not a place to self-promote and build audience.  It isn't about followers and friends it is about participation.  Mostly people want to give of their experience and others hope to learn, but nobody is preaching any sermons here.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
29 of 50

Mark F wrote:

... nobody is preaching any sermons here.

I know of at least one person who does.

Highlighted
Community Guru
30 of 50
I view Upwork forum communication as in the vein of social media
communication. It is not blog style communication, as my other frame of
reference.

Since I have no Facebook account. Or Instagram account. Or Twitter
account. Or any other social media platform that focuses on
blurb-and-snippet style communication, this is the equivalent of social
meda. In form, not so very much different than tweets in the length of