cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why clients are leaving upwork nowadays?

Md. Imran Hossain S Member Since: May 5, 2017
1 of 16

As I can noticed from last one month, so many clients are leaving upwork. Can anyone tell me the reason with details please? Or I am wrong?

Mikayel A Member Since: Sep 6, 2019
2 of 16

I think Upwork does not have real clients in LA. I am not getting any attention Smiley Sad . Is Upwork a place for cheap and low quality projects?

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
3 of 16

Mikayel A wrote:

I think Upwork does not have real clients in LA. I am not getting any attention Smiley Sad . Is Upwork a place for cheap and low quality projects?

I almost had a real client in LA (not sure if you really meant Los Angeles but I am feeling very literal ).  I talked to them on the phone and everything.  They ended up canceling the project because their funding fell through.

In my experience it is not a JUST a place for cheap and low quality projects.  It might be that the majority of clients are cheap and unwilling to pay good value for what they want but it certainly can't be all of them.  

I think you might want to consider if the problem is Upwork or if it is, in fact, you that is the problem.

Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
4 of 16

May I know from where you've noticed this?

5 of 16

No activity. Looks like this is west of my time.

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
6 of 16

Your profile is not public. Maybe that's the reason.

7 of 16

Vesna M wrote:

Your profile is not public. Maybe that's the reason.

Shouldn't be if he is proposing on projects, client's can see it.  It might also be set to Only Upwork Users.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
8 of 16

I've worked with multiple clients based in LA and Orange County. 

For those who aren't familiar with LA, from a biz perpective it always makes sense to include Orange County.

9 of 16

Thanks Wendy, I will give a try another month then I will deactivate my account. I am getting projects from other places. I still think something wrong, most probable my price is high for Upwork.

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
10 of 16

When you apply for a job you can get under that "see more" button and I suppose many times people just don't click on it but instead the first recommended. I assume your profile is completely private and in that case you can't get discovered through search option which in my case is way more useful than relying on applying.

As a matter of fact I don't even remember when it was the last time I got an offer from a job I applied to. But I did on invitations.